Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Looking for a sunsation innovator?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/200194-looking-sunsation-innovator.html)

fountain44 12-14-2008 05:06 PM

Looking for a sunsation innovator??

The innovator has peaked my interest a little and I was wondering if any one has some detailed pics of the interior and cockpit area. I would appreciate it. Since I cant really find anything that great on the internet.

ZP'd 12-14-2008 05:11 PM

Will be a tough find. Not that many Innovators were built I don't beleive.

Call Joe at the factory and he could give some info into how many, etc. with pic's as well. Good guy and doesn't just try to pitch a boat.

07DominatorSS 12-14-2008 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by fountain44 (Post 2759212)
The innovator has peaked my interest a little and I was wondering if any one has some detailed pics of the interior and cockpit area. I would appreciate it. Since I cant really find anything that great on the internet.

Why not a new 32SS. It has the same hull as the innovator. Just like the other guy said though, get a hold of Joe at the factory, he might be able to find you an Innovator if you really want one.

MahopacMarine 12-14-2008 09:31 PM

There are 2 that I know of that may be for sale. One I have seen in person and is located in PA.

Definitely give Joe a call though.

dreamer 12-14-2008 10:51 PM

http://www.boattrader.com/find/listi...vator-93270640

racinfever 12-15-2008 04:53 PM

I have a 2004 Innovator less power asking 45k PM me if interested.

Jupiter Sunsation 12-15-2008 06:37 PM

Before buying ANY Sunsation call Joe at Sunsation......He keeps a file on every one built. The only Innovators you want to pass on are the one that rolled and the one that was used as a plug (all white, early HIN#). The boat was the first one and was sold with no power/drives/paint/rigging. It has showed up from time to time with some old 454/502's in it.

It was not rigged by Sunsation.........Joe can fill you in.

Note all the SS hulls (06-now) use the twin step Innovator hull with the Dominator deck. You don't get the Star Trek dash that splits for cabin entry but the boat is way more usable for most.

racinfever 12-15-2008 07:17 PM

Though there may be, this one isn't it. Had power when new. This boat is in perfect condition inside and out. This boat has monster gauges, competition throttles and shifter, air, microwave along with shore power
to name a few options!

Also Mitcher T paint job & Manning trailer

fountain44 12-15-2008 07:33 PM

I'll check it out, and i'll give joe a call. thanks for the input

Knot 4 Me 12-16-2008 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 2759874)
Before buying ANY Sunsation call Joe at Sunsation......He keeps a file on every one built. The only Innovators you want to pass on are the one that rolled and the one that was used as a plug (all white, early HIN#). The boat was the first one and was sold with no power/drives/paint/rigging. It has showed up from time to time with some old 454/502's in it.

It was not rigged by Sunsation.........Joe can fill you in.

Note all the SS hulls (06-now) use the twin step Innovator hull with the Dominator deck. You don't get the Star Trek dash that splits for cabin entry but the boat is way more usable for most.

The first all white one that Frank owned is not the same hull design as what eventaully became the Innovator/SS hull. If memory serves, it had a huge, single step and the hull was rounded off at the transom. I saw the plug for that first hull being made at the factory back in October of 2002. They scrapped that hull design and went with a Michael Peters twins step design.