If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Boats:
    Conway, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by BAJA WILL View Post

Oddly, craigs list is one of the main reasons ADD sales are down, people are using free classifieds, rather than pay for them.

So a company that has made its livelihood by selling advertising in print is now advertising itself for sale online in the free classifieds? Must be trying to avoid the commission they would have to pay an agent? I suspect their market too has become diluted with competition. Not only are sellers going online to advertise, readers are not buying the magazines either, because you can read all the stories, etc. online. Looks like a lose lose proposition.

My Boats:
    22 Talon 300 XS,97 Ocean Express 33 Super Sport/ 04 STV Euro / 30 ft Pro Line sport fishermen-21 Shadow 300 XS-24 ft Party Barge
    nokomis florida
    nothing to do with hotboat but these newspapers make their money on advertising but their rates for ads are rediciously priced especially for a business related classified, I mean come on $250.00 for a 3 line 5 day ad for employment ! freakin geniouses, no wonder craigs list is KILLIN em. You would think they would see whats happening to their bread and butter and make adjustments but they just stick their head in the sand further and now I hear talk of Bailout !!

San Diego, California

There are no current LEADERS in the marine high performance industry. Just a bunch of firms trying to hang on and ride out these bleak times! Lets hope in a year or so there is even an INDUSTRY ? left!!

Best Regards,
    Ray @ Raylar

My Boats:
    1990 35' Fountain
    NW USA
    I guess I gotta get out more often. My girlfriend bought me a subscription to Hot Boat for my birthday in October. Finally sent her an invoice in early December with a November due date. Never did receive a copy. What a bunch of crap.

My Boats:
    38 Fountain Canopy, V24 Bat Boat
    $5.99 for a copy is also a bit high. Personally, I would enjoy a boating mag that actually prints more than just fluff. Also do tests on used boats since that is a huge part of the market
    2006 OPA Class 2 World Champion 214

Registered Platinum Member
    I found this ad on craigslist...Now that Hot Boat has folded how much are the magazines worth?

New Jersey

Collectors Item Hot Boat t-shirts - $1000 (Sacramento)
    Reply to: [email protected] [?]
    Date: 2009-01-27, 1:44PM PST

Hot Boat t-shirts are considered by some boaters as the rarest and hardest to find boating t-shirts on the planet! Although originally they were promised to everyone who signed up for a Hot Boat subscription, only a select few were actually ever given out. I have 3 of them. These are one of the very few left in existence after the hot boat massacre of December 18th 2007 where most were either burned or deficated on by angry forum members. With Hot Boat magazine now out of business these will only go up in value! $1000 for one or $2500 for all three.

My Boats:
    2002 38'Ocean Express Catamaran
    Newark, DE
    They are saying here that the Regular Mail may start only being delivered 5 days a week to help save money!!

Time are tough.. Some hear about it but don't directly see it everyday...

That magazine may not be worth muchto many of us but if you were working there then it was worth alot to you.. I wonder how many lost there jobs there too..

My Boats:
    24 Baja Outlaw
    Pasadena MD.
    How are some of the car related magazines making out are they suffering to. Is it actually a sign of the times or mismanagement, Like another post said the people running the show just werent able to or willing to make adjustments to their product in order to keep their head above water. Hechingers out Home Depot in Home Depot out???Lowes in????? Circuit City and Tweeter out BestBuy in . Not trying to bust chops here just some thoughts.

Platinum Member Platinum Member LaughingCat's Avatar
    My Boats:
    '00 Scarab Sport
    Tampa, FL
    that has to be a joke.
    "I'm just looking for clues at the scene of the crime."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast