Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Which company has the best resale value??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/200369-company-has-best-resale-value.html)

302Sport 12-18-2008 03:00 PM

Which company has the best resale value???

:food-smiley-007:.........which company do you all think it is????? Does anybody keep track of this with hard numbers like kelley blue book does for the automotive industry???

LapseofReason 12-18-2008 03:24 PM

Sea ray but I would say Cig. for go fast.

Comanche3Six 12-18-2008 04:06 PM

Apache

seafordguy 12-18-2008 04:11 PM

Objectively - I think that CIG holds resale pretty well, and is the best answer to this question, simply because they are still making boats and have made a pretty good amount of boats over their time.

Apache's have retained a tremendous amount of VALUE, but since they made relatively few boats, and are no longer making boats I don't think they are the right answer when the question is resale.

I know that makes NO sense, but in my mind that is the way the answer plays out.

delleto 12-18-2008 05:01 PM

Oh, they're still making boats alright www.apachepowerboats.com Mr. McManus and crew recently completed an incredible 50+ footer that has pics posted here named Cold War.

Regardless, I think in todays economy, everyone is dealing with a heftier-than-normal depreciation on nearly every piece of machinery they own.

seafordguy 12-18-2008 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by delleto (Post 2761689)
Oh, they're still making boats alright www.apachepowerboats.com Mr. McManus and crew recently completed an incredible 50+ footer that has pics posted here named Cold War.

I saw that boat - it was AWESOME!!!

spilman 12-18-2008 05:53 PM

Nor-Tech, MTI, Cigarette, Active Thunder, Powerplay are all close, but let's face it youlose @ least 20-25% in the first 6 months and close to 33% in 24 months.....nobody ever bought a new performance boat for the investment.

Reckless32 12-18-2008 06:21 PM

I'll second that emotion...:ernaehrung004:

TexomaPowerboater 12-18-2008 06:24 PM

Any company that can seperate itself as having superior build quality. Whether you can market that strength or not only depends on who your buyer is. I know who's at the top of my list, but to a new boater who may of never heard of any of these boats who knows.....

IMO all you rich guys ought to be kickin yourselves in the nads for not paying cash for a brand new powerboat last year. In retrospect you would of came out A LOT better then the stock market.

dreamer 12-18-2008 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by spilman (Post 2761715)
, but let's face it youlose @ least 20-25% in the first 6 months and close to 33% in 24 months.....nobody ever bought a new performance boat for the investment.

very true....

until u want to list YOUR boat in the classifieds:evilb: