Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Notices

Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Old 12-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
Well, reality is he'll lose $ when he sells it.

However, (and this is my opinion) to say he should pass his good fortune to the next guy....that's up in the air. If he bought that TG for $100k should he have to sell it to the next guy for $100k? The answer is no but a boat is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay and that is definatley true in today's market.

Also, a bidder is better than a looker. I got laughed at on an offer I made to someone this morning. He may have thought it was low, but it was a cash offer and I doubt he's had any other offers.

I hope this makes sense.
If he had the good fortune to buy it for 100, and considering 250K is all the money for that boat. Somewhere inthe middle would be fair. That way the buyer isn't buried in it and the seller makes a little cash.

I hate it when a seller gets cocky and tells me that if I am offering a certain amount, I must really want his boat and then he TELLS me that I will pay a certain number because that is what he wants for it. IMO that is just to cocky.

At that point they are lucky when I just don't walk away from the table all together.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
Yeah, he wants $259k now with 235 hrs on the boat

"wanted" is the term........ he sprayed 20K in paint and thoroughly used the boat. Got excited with the prospect of using the boat for free while passing the used boat onto someone else to fix. Wife was pressuring for a Searay cruiser but that has subsided for now. For a few years in years past the concept was easy, buy and use it and in the meantime the manufacturer raises the MSRP 25% in a couple years and suddenly your used boat is worth what you paid for it since the price of a new one skyrocketed. The inverse relationship is happening now, the newer boats can be had cheaper than the older ones since they "overpaid" in the white hot used boat market.

He stroked a check for the boat and it sits on the lift at his free and clear ICW home so when the time comes to sell it the guy with the green money offer will get the boat and the title in the same afternoon.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Funny story on a used Cigarette......... My buddy got a low offer on his boat. Thinking the buyer was talking but not buying he told him sure you can have the boat for that amount but you have to be at my house in an hour with a certified check. Buyer choked with got to get financed, got a trade to sell, etc etc etc...... My buddy said never make and offer you can't complete.

Buyer called a week later to ask if the price was still good, my buddy laughed and said nope, you missed your chance.......

I thought it was funny the guy called a week later after being called on his original offer.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Funny story on a used Cigarette......... My buddy got a low offer on his boat. Thinking the buyer was talking but not buying he told him sure you can have the boat for that amount but you have to be at my house in an hour with a certified check. Buyer choked with got to get financed, got a trade to sell, etc etc etc...... My buddy said never make and offer you can't complete.

Buyer called a week later to ask if the price was still good, my buddy laughed and said nope, you missed your chance.......

I thought it was funny the guy called a week later after being called on his original offer.
The thing is that if you want to sell something. You can't get cocky. You have to recognize when it is time to sell wether the price is right or not.

It is that way with everything. If you get stupid, you may never sell it. There will always be that nagging that you paid to much or sold to low, but once the deal is done, you don't have to worry about it keeping you up at night any more.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
October 07 (at the Laud. boat show) the OSO Top Gun sold for 250K, no trailer delivered to FL. Was a demo with 70 hours and full warranty/never titled.

That was a plain white boat in a substantially better economy but it had been for sale for 285-299K for about 5-6 months (hinting it didn't sell for bigger money because it wasn't worth more than 250K).

You guys can put all the bottom feeding slant you want to about everything!!!!!!!!!!! Let's try some easy math, 250k for said OSO 38' Cigarette (stripped down boat), paint 30k, Myco trailer 15k. So that looks like 295k to me. How good a deal was it or how cheap??????????????????
Old 12-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by blume
You guys can put all the bottom feeding slant you want to about everything!!!!!!!!!!! Let's try some easy math, 250k for said OSO 38' Cigarette (stripped down boat), paint 30k, Myco trailer 15k. So that looks like 295k to me. How good a deal was it or how cheap??????????????????
Good point.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

sold for 250 more than A YEAR AGO... allmost 2 years
Old 12-25-2008, 12:05 AM
Registered

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o24134-en.html
Old 12-25-2008, 12:06 AM
Registered

and there is a steal of a deal on a 06 39 gun with 850s out there
Old 12-25-2008, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
If he had the good fortune to buy it for 100, and considering 250K is all the money for that boat. Somewhere inthe middle would be fair. That way the buyer isn't buried in it and the seller makes a little cash.

I hate it when a seller gets cocky and tells me that if I am offering a certain amount, I must really want his boat and then he TELLS me that I will pay a certain number because that is what he wants for it. IMO that is just to cocky.

At that point they are lucky when I just don't walk away from the table all together.
As long as the seller is holding the title he can do whatever he chooses IMO.
Even being cocky a.k.a hard to bargain with.

Quick Reply: Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.