Where is the Cigarette Market at ?? >

Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Notices

Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Old 12-25-2008, 12:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Dont ya get it Blume, if they keep telling you that its not worth it, they are hoping you believe it... If you have to worry about the cost of owning it and maintaining it, and that includes overhauls, then honestly you cant afford it...go buy something you can afford to own AND operate...and stop berating the cig owners.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Dont ya get it Blume, if they keep telling you that its not worth it, they are hoping you believe it... If you have to worry about the cost of owning it and maintaining it, and that includes overhauls, then honestly you cant afford it...go buy something you can afford to own AND operate...and stop berating the cig owners.
What he said. I am not a cig owner though.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
What he said. I am not a cig owner though.
exactly, it really isnt that hard to figure out, if one is looking at just being able to afford the boat, that really is the least expensive part of owning it, so no matter what you buy for it, can you afford to run it much less maintain it? fuel 500-1000 per weekend (boat and tow), food and drinks for 2 150.00 per weekend, if you trailer ramp fees, 15-40 bucks per weekend, insurance broken down per week 2400 per year is 200 per month. changing oil in motors and drives every 25 hours,150 per side(done by owner) if mechanic does it add 200.

if you blow your wad on just affording the boat, you are screwed elsewhere, then heaven forbid you have a catastrophic failure. but i guess it makes people feel better saying it's too expensive, if they cant afford it anyhow...Merry christmas from the fiscally responsible santa...
Old 12-25-2008, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

Blume you have some great inventory and I feel bad you bought some of it/took on trade in much better times and now maybe upside down on the boats. You have nice stuff, priced good but in this market you may have to take a beating since it has been such a roller coaster year in the stock market, real estate market and in the banking industry.
Toys like these are starting to be toys for the boys who donīt need no credit or banks to buy one.

Iīd be blume Iīd just shut my ears on comments like these and look for the customers where they are.
Thereīs loads of people still with money to burn.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
Toys like these are starting to be toys for the boys who donīt need no credit or banks to buy one.

Iīd be blume Iīd just shut my ears on comments like these and look for the customers where they are.
Thereīs loads of people still with money to burn.
Yes there are always people with money to burn, but we have to get them involved in our sport, so they will spend some money on it.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
Yes there are always people with money to burn, but we have to get them involved in our sport, so they will spend some money on it.
Well said.
Well those who are true racers and love speed do.

Come to Think of it The Willams Formula1 team also competes in sailing ( yes the Willams crew).
And thinking further people like HRH of Sweden, Maroc, Spain, and loads of others are.
Also people ike Briggs Cunningham and a lot of others who are into sailboat racing too do need tenders/ fast boats to get of the racers.
Nowback in the Day Don Aronow did have quite a clientele...
And thatīs what Cigarette is all about.
Not just being the ultimate in performance but also a True Namebrand with a Heritage.
So the Sales people at Cig have to be multilingual at least as even the Army at Fort Bragg teaches people to be.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
exactly, it really isnt that hard to figure out, if one is looking at just being able to afford the boat, that really is the least expensive part of owning it, so no matter what you buy for it, can you afford to run it much less maintain it? fuel 500-1000 per weekend (boat and tow), food and drinks for 2 150.00 per weekend, if you trailer ramp fees, 15-40 bucks per weekend, insurance broken down per week 2400 per year is 200 per month. changing oil in motors and drives every 25 hours,150 per side(done by owner) if mechanic does it add 200.

if you blow your wad on just affording the boat, you are screwed elsewhere, then heaven forbid you have a catastrophic failure. but i guess it makes people feel better saying it's too expensive, if they cant afford it anyhow...Merry christmas from the fiscally responsible santa...
Rob there is no such thing as $2400 insurance on a Cigarette in FL. You probably couldn't get a 20' insured for that. There is no winter layup and those pesky problems like hurricanes and theft that tend to hit S. FL. A T/S TG w/ 525's is about 6K with NO windstorm........
Old 12-26-2008, 09:13 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Rob there is no such thing as $2400 insurance on a Cigarette in FL. You probably couldn't get a 20' insured for that. There is no winter layup and those pesky problems like hurricanes and theft that tend to hit S. FL. A T/S TG w/ 525's is about 6K with NO windstorm........
that is my price up here, and your statement even more proves my point. there is much more to owning one of these boats than just affording the boat. for people to say to come down on the price because the motors are nearing rebuild is ridiculous. it just another excuse to try to beat the price down or justification for not affording it.
here is a thought, if any of the kickers out there and go up to Blume, with a cash offer of the boat at list price, minus 25-30k for a reputable builder to rebuild them, you probably just bought a boat. my bet is even if he did it, he still wouldn't have any takers. so the motors story is a moot point.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:09 AM
Registered

offshoredrillin I was justabout ready to reply to db71 that his opinions doesnīt count unless he makes a valid offer.

Regarding thisboards "advicers" :
Same happened with many other boats here.
Just remember the Apache Warrior, everyone was telling here itīs a POS engines shot etc without even taking a look at it live.
The one who did take a look at it bought it and found the mechanicals just as they were told to be by the seller and someone who actually was familiar with the boat and itīs history.
OSO has gone up sh*t creek.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

When I owned my 2000 t/s Cigarette F-2 with 525 efi's my insurance was $3800 until the hurricane here in Florida.
The next year it went up to $8,000.
I have never had a boat insurance claim in my life, and have been boating 40 years.

Last edited by lucky strike; 12-26-2008 at 02:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.