Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Where is the Cigarette Market at ?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/200439-where-cigarette-market.html)

bcschoe 12-20-2008 10:34 PM

While things are terribly slow, it is not dead. A 46 Rough Rider just sold which allowed a 42 Tiger to be sold as well. A few big power cats (3-4) are closing soon. Some other positive surprises for 2009 are coming.

Never give up. Remember "Persistence and determination"

Happy Holidays....

MikeyFIN 12-21-2008 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Steve 1 (Post 2762965)
Dude that space thing was the enslaved German scientist’s that they caught after WW11 But Again we walked on the moon and pulled a sunken soviet sub off the ocean floor 17,000 plus feet down;

Hmmm doesnīt sound german at all...M.S.Khomyakov or Georgi Grechko...
Guess Somebody has altered your History education.
Must be the same guy who told that Soviets/Allies liberated Europe... but forgot to mention what happened afterwards and how people really felt when the Allied Red Army advanced... even in Russia people jumped over to the other side and hated them by millions.

Soviets at least punished those they cought so they took a stand even after the war so have to gice credit for them about "Staying on the course...." Remember that phrase :grinser010:

Christ the Soviet sonar could not even see it! BTW That Bear bomber is traceable to our B-29 bombers Ole Stalin “Found” and copied. Did I say Stalin we should have let the Germans Kill him instead of supporting that Commie bastard.
Stop Crying about Christ will ya.
Well should coulda But DIDNīt..you were their Allies and shaking their hands smiling (and licking) at the time.

Regarding designes and tracable off course they are..everything is, wake UP.
Just look at powerboats and their history.
But your mistaking the Bear for The Bull.
The Bear is a bigger and faster plus more advanced plane and has little in common with B-29

Hindsight is a bless ainīt it.

My Both grandfathers hated Stalin and Commies To their Last breath and they got wounded and Fought against them, protecting their ATTACKED Homeland.
No-one in Europe wanted Russians on their soil, but you helped them in that.
A small history lesson for you.
So a Big thank you.
* Donīt GET ME STARTED ON THIS...anymore.
I often wonder how Stupid the U.S. Central "Intelligence"/ foreign policy REALLY is because thereīs hasnīt been nothing but failures in their efforts.
And the U.S. Citizen pays the price among others.
So no wonder Americans are considered not that bright in general. Even in Russia or China.

What was the Russian car popped of a Packard ?? The AK-47 try a German MP-44… I will put our aerospace companies up against anything they got! I guess you heard of the A-12 and the SR-71 our F-22 they have nothing close.
Well, have to inform you all Russian cars are licensed, itīs cheper to occupy a country ( with free ammo and guns) and steal the factories so actually who did it benefit and who shot itself on the leg ?

Afterwards they have also built mainly licensed cars.

AK-47 and STG 44 have nothing in common not even the caliber.
I guess you have loaded assembled and fired both of them ?
I have and AK47īs derivate RK62 and its different versions to boot.

What was the subsonic Ruskies shot down ?
A Rockband has a similar name...

And youīre saying they have nothing even close...well close enough to take one down and end the program right there.
The main goal with usually to GETITDONE in those circles.
Oh boy here we go with the Pissing contest again, unfortunately.
Have a Molotov Cocktail...:drink:

Back to topic.

I wish the Spring will bring up the markets too and it looks the banks has to bite the bullet and open their purses by lowering the interests and look at the big picture, if they donīt everything will halt to stand still fast. If they canīt and have overcredited then some other nation has U.S.A by the balls, China as we speak as thatīs whose money U.S. Banks has loaned out.

As we speak the one and only quality products that I can think of and is Exportable is powerboats from U.S.A. If the make in question is a quality one that is.

* Think Global and that thereīs competition too out there, the Stars And Stripes ainīt much to go for nowadays.
It was like 20-30yrs ago but those days are Sadly over or was I just young and narrowminded back then ?

MikeyFIN 12-21-2008 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by bcschoe (Post 2762985)
While things are terribly slow, it is not dead. A 46 Rough Rider just sold which allowed a 42 Tiger to be sold as well. A few big power cats (3-4) are closing soon. Some other positive surprises for 2009 are coming.

Never give up. Remember "Persistence and determination"

Happy Holidays....

In one word : SISU

MikeyFIN 12-21-2008 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by BDiggity (Post 2762950)

The last one is an automaker.
But is that all if yes Then I donīt wonder why the Big3 canīt keep up anymore.

And yes the fields was justabout all Ford Cosworth DFVīs, Great Britain that is.
Just like Ford GT40 is a Lola design and build.
The only american piece is the engine in them. Just like any kitcar because of the cheapness of one.
Now Remeber U.S.A is known mainly of massproduction.
In that aspect Fountain will be the only powerboat builder with a future ???
NOOOOOOOOO.......

Pesky Varmint 12-21-2008 07:17 AM

What's the difference between me in my Caliber and the
guy next to me in his (insert anything, Ford, Chevy , Toyota, Mercedes
BMW, etc. etc.....)?

I know my car is a POS.

All cars pretty much suck nowadays. Boring, flimsy, pieces of plastic and tin that try to placate people with good handling and decent acceleration.

30 years ago a buddy and I were debating cars (I had a Datsun
280Z at that time, he had a 68 Pontiac) and he made the comment
that "all cars have frames". I tried to correct him and point out that
many, many cars have unit bodies. He repeated: "ALL CARS have frames".

Years later, I realize he was right.

My serious vehicles aren't cars and all of them have frames.

Pesky Varmint

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN (Post 2762914)
OT.
Because you donīt know better only...
Now Tell me of a Single Grand Prix Win for example that some US automaker has won ?
And thats something _Audi ainīt even close to being dominant in..
Beating Corvettes and others for Breakfast is... even with a diesel.
From being Banned from Nascar to dominating Pikes Peak, IMSA GTO and WRC B-Group to Winning LeMans ( with a diesel even..)

Unfair Advantage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rtZ0...eature=related

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/n...eply&p=2762881

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hskT...eature=related

Vorsprung durch technik.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VnC1chsGM8

MikeyFIN 12-21-2008 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by BDiggity (Post 2762950)

The race after this... No Wonder no Ferraris ..who took the makes title anyway.

A racecar builder not an automaker and retired 9/11 races... one win one third on the others.

Bingo.

But if I donīt even remember something like this one makes think how many do in U.S. or globally ?
Itīs about time the tables get cleaned for the Big3.

I bet In my racetema who has done WRC, FIA GT, WTCC,STW, Formula Fords etc Iīm the only one Now who knows this Trivia.
And our team is well known nowadays affiliated with Ingolstadt and St.Agata...

seafordguy 12-21-2008 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by oklaoutlaw (Post 2762936)
Well I bought!!! Piss on the na sayers. Now if the weather and work will give me a window I will have that bad boy in my toybox!!
Quinlan

Good for you - at least you'll get to use it and enjoy yourself.

When you load it up with family and friends and put the throttles forward you sure as hell won't care what you paid for it....

five cent worth 12-21-2008 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN (Post 2763042)

I often wonder how Stupid the U.S. Central "Intelligence"/ foreign policy REALLY is because thereīs hasnīt been nothing but failures in their efforts.
And the U.S. Citizen pays the price among others.
So no wonder Americans are considered not that bright in general. Even in Russia or China.

This is going to get good now... :food-smiley-007:

Talk to us more about Baja's and the other boats being made outside the US.

MikeyFIN 12-21-2008 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Pesky Varmint (Post 2763053)
What's the difference between me in my Caliber and the
guy next to me in his (insert anything, Ford, Chevy , Toyota, Mercedes
BMW, etc. etc.....)?

I know my car is a POS.

All cars pretty much suck nowadays. Boring, flimsy, pieces of plastic and tin that try to placate people with good handling and decent acceleration.

Wake up call.

Yes my own car is like that boring that is but not squaky.
... but my 1970 SS396 is ... all plastic squaky flimsy etc. IMO.
The 65 GS ainīt with itīs steel dash etc.
My buddys 1970 GS455 Stage1 convertible is.
So was my 1961 Corvette.
and my 86...
and the Trans Am etc etc...

In fact all US made Cars Iīve had ..even quite new ones have been like that. Utter piles of squaky plastic rubbish even the Cadillac STSes and their leather seats..what are they made of..buffalo ass skin or?

But the AudisīI have driven havefine leather carbon and wood allover..
The Brand new Jaguar V12 XJ-S was like that too back in the day we had, one of 11 XJīs together.
So was the MB 560SEC.
And all built like vaults, just to name a few

30 years ago a buddy and I were debating cars (I had a Datsun
280Z at that time, he had a 68 Pontiac) and he made the comment
that "all cars have frames". I tried to correct him and point out that
many, many cars have unit bodies. He repeated: "ALL CARS have frames".
I coulda been your friend..ready ax the roof of your datsun.
My Wife had a brand new 280ZX.
But a Firebird doesnīt have a frame.. or any other Ponycar or Muscle Mopar.
So what Pontiac was he stuck with ?

Years later, I realize he was right.
And Iīm so tired of all these POS in my garage....

My serious vehicles aren't cars and all of them have frames.

Pesky Varmint
My serious have 12 point rollcages..all 3 of them.

The one I work with do have a Frame ( not the flimsy one US rigs do) but it pulls also 130Klbs totals daily.

MikeyFIN 12-21-2008 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by WOTW2E (Post 2762978)
To my knowledge, Bajas were never built outside of Bucyrus Ohio (I know NC now) and certainly not outside the USA . Please enlighten me here.

All 280 Force and Under sold in Europe was built of all the places in the 80īs in Spain not a country known exactly of precision or craftmanship but Manana.

Heres a Vid of one coming home after an offshore race...at 3.25 onwards.. the black #344.
My buddies owned it later on...