Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Where is the Cigarette Market at ?? >

Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Notices

Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Old 12-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not that in any way I say a Sonic is a Top Gun but there is a nice 358 at the National repo yard for 65k and some other nice Sport boats out there for great prices. The banks in any other time would be putting the prices at blue book but now they just want whats owed on the loan and after a while anything they can get,they need the room for more. Peolpe are broke and need out you also see some out there that are way above what they are worth due to them being way upside down. The deals will be made on repo boats if you got the cash or credit you will be able save 75% over what it would have cost 2 years ago.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Still show me where you can get a nice Gun with 525's for 125K?? The owners arnt willing to sell them for that low. I thought you were a Cigarette guy?? You saying everything isnt worth anything or trying to low ball offer everyone isnt helping. Those 07's arnt new.
houses worth 30-40% less... stocks and bonds off 50%...

BUT WAIT frivilous, gas guzzling powerboats run by single and/or mid life crisis males... that market is doing well......

they have to be off too...

wake up and smell the recession....

even for those who want... cant get loans... there r very few buyers right now
Old 12-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Registered

We have people with 725 credit scores getting turned down for loans under 10k all the time, if your dept ratio is over about 30 % they are turning people down. Lot's of kids not getting dirt bikes and four wheelers for Xmas. We are about 60 units off last Dec. and it's not over.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamer
houses worth 30-40% less... stocks and bonds off 50%...

BUT WAIT frivilous, gas guzzling powerboats run by single and/or mid life crisis males... that market is doing well......

they have to be off too...

wake up and smell the recession....

even for those who want... cant get loans... there r very few buyers right now
Of course the market is off and we are in a recession, but that doesnt mean everything is worthless. Just because you cant buy something or you dont want to spend the money doesnt mean everyone is the same!!
Old 12-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Registered

Dumping it off for what you owe to save your credit and put food on the table does not make it worthless it makes it a good deal for someone that has the money.

3 years ago I bought a 3k psi washer off a crack head for $500,bad for him good for me. Just because I got it for 500 didn't make it junk.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
Dumping it off for what you owe to save your credit and put food on the table does not make it worthless it makes it a good deal for someone that has the money.
I understand this and it is very unfortunate that some have to do this, but unfortunate situations like that shouldn't dictate the market value for everything else out there. Half the people shopping for boats on here are only trying to steal everything and extremely low balling everyone. Not everyone or dealer with a boat for sale has to dump it for tens of thousands below what the boat should be selling for just because some have to fire sale them.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Registered

Yes it's bad but it's how it is, and I plan to get a great deal on my next boat. At first I feel bad but then I go back to when I was trying to trade my boat a few years ago and they would offer me 25% of Blue Book. $60k for a 275K dollar boat on trade. F them.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
I understand this and it is very unfortunate that some have to do this, but unfortunate situations like that shouldn't dictate the market value for everything else out there. Half the people shopping for boats on here are only trying to steal everything and extremely low balling everyone. Not everyone or dealer with a boat for sale has to dump it for tens of thousands below what the boat should be selling for just because some have to fire sale them.

so a boat worth 150k a year ago is worth 145k today?
Old 12-23-2008, 01:13 PM
Registered

My take is there are enough nice boats available in every trim level that a great deal can be found with enough due diligence. Sellers aren’t going to move boats unless they realize how bleak the market conditions truly are and accept the best real offer they can get or continue to sit on their heavily depreciating toy.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:16 PM
Registered

yes if the boat would have sold for X last spring.... it is worth 20% less at least real money offer

Quick Reply: Where is the Cigarette Market at ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.