Old 03-18-2002, 06:24 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Attached Thumbnails Splashing Hulls: Right or Wrong?-stern-oso.jpg  
Old 03-18-2002, 08:46 PM
Havasu Barney

Talking BK, you afraid of the petty stuff

The truth is VERY few customers are ever gonna know whether part of their boat was a splash or not.

I guess we could all demand to see a plug first, is that what your after BK?

If not, what is your point BK, just taking a survey?

Oh yes, I'm certain that's all you've ever done with this same damn thread you have re-hashed so many times it is no longer welcome on your home board.

Hail to the Scream Team exiled cheerleader.

Old 03-18-2002, 09:00 PM
BK
Registered

I don't take things that belong to other people. Never have. Neither do the pals I hang around with. On the "other board" it was a control situation -- anyone who said they felt this way were bullied viciously by the dirty dozen until they were afraid to speak anymore -- much like what you are doing now.

That's why I quit posting there.

I came here to find out how the un-harrassed people felt about splashing. Where a survey could be unspoiled and true. No personal attaacks, no name callling and no pointing fingers.

On OSO, people are free to give their opinions here without the thread being deleted again and again, like what happened with the others.

The first 50 posts gave the group an unfettered example of how the true boating community feels about splashing. The majority thinks it is wrong.

And they aren't afraid to say so.

Last edited by BK; 03-18-2002 at 09:03 PM.
Old 03-18-2002, 09:36 PM
Registered

Default BK,

You didn't have to delete the part of the post about the fire.I merely commented about the coincidence of it.But when it comes down to it you are on a board where most can buy what they want and they will buy a name first.That is fine for them and it's easier to be critical than objective.There were tunnel boats long before Mirage,STV and others so who is stealing from who?You say that the people that buy a boat that a splashed boat buy an inferior product and the buyers are getting the wool pulled over their eyes.That is your opinion and is a lie.Henry Ford built a car,does that mean that there shouldn't be any cars other than a Ford?If a 24 Skater is so important to Pete why doesn't he still make them and if he won't what is wrong with someone else improving or changing the layout a little and building it.
The quality will sell itself,there are alot of boats that are a chip off of another block like the Chris-Cat class of boats and the Mod VP's and Hydros and Apache.Tempest.Your point is well taken but it your point your makin,there are pops of Mirage that rule the Original,they are better built and are winning races.Isn't that what bugs you the most?
Old 03-18-2002, 09:51 PM
Registered

Default Too Old

Sorry,I heard that an inquiry that led me to believe that they didn't have time to build the little boats,we'll use the 21 as an example then.
Old 03-18-2002, 10:03 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

thanks cord . . i forgot your boat was also a concord. well your right mines nuth'n like that one. mine is a 1977 though and it is a 23.5 actually, and it is titled as a concord. im still reasearch'n it . . oh well no matter . . it still gets me out on the water . . hey what ever happend to that guy that scabed that thing back together an try'd to sell it( that is the one isnt it ?). . . just curious. . .

Last edited by glassdave; 03-18-2002 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-18-2002, 10:07 PM
Registered

Default Libility?

I can,t be sure but I think that was done already but they wouldn't sell them.The 21 is a touchy boat to operate and an inexperienced people let them get away from them.They have developed a kind of bad rep.I haven't drove one but I rode in one a friend owned and it will hook hard if you oversteer.John at Lightning Powerboats added a strake to each sponson and tamed the shrew so to speak.So much that he popped it to sell.

Last edited by Racemore; 03-18-2002 at 10:11 PM.
Old 03-19-2002, 02:01 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

yoink!!!!!

Jasper Johns Stole My Hull Design!

Old 03-19-2002, 01:06 PM
Uncle Toys

Sorry, nothing to add. Just need to post on this thread so I can find it again in a month.

Old 03-19-2002, 01:53 PM
Registered

HB,

I would love to know how you can react to someone who says "Would love to hear your comments from the Offshore boating world" so negatively.

It would be easy to just let a jerkwater comment like that ride, but when it is about a consumate professional like Val who is so knowegeable and does so much for the collective boating world as she does, i really wonder.

I thought the question was super and i learned a lot even though i have seen it discussed before. The more points of view, the more i get educated and appreciate different opinions. If you don't, that is your problem.

Ted

Quick Reply: Splashing Hulls: Right or Wrong?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.