Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Splashing Hulls: Right or Wrong? >

Splashing Hulls: Right or Wrong?

Notices

Splashing Hulls: Right or Wrong?

Old 03-21-2002, 12:58 PM
Liqui-Fly

Default Not Exactly My Point

You guys are funny. BK these aren't attacks at your family as people they are about drawing lines on what is ethical in business. What led Mirage to a 22 footer....perhaps the success of a 22 ft mod-VP hull. Is splashing ideas ok? Now only one company built a 22 foot mod-VP hull not knowing how it would sell. Well as it turns out it did. So after the water was safe Mirage invested in their 22 footer without any marketing risk; they knew their was a market for the boat. I suppose that is ok right? Mod22 Stoker makes two 22's...take a look at both.
David

Old 03-21-2002, 01:01 PM
Liqui-Fly

Default Oh Yeah

Wow a hull deck from scratch. Man that is absolutely amazing.....that should take about a week.
David

Old 03-21-2002, 01:06 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh by the way the 31 or 32 Active Thunder or Thunder as they were earlier was taken from a Chris Craft also which was a copy of the Excalibur. So the Active Thunders are Splash Hulls?
Old 03-21-2002, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barney

Barney,
congratulations! Your dumb! I'm not Brad. Are you not smart enough to look and see that I'm from Massillon, Ohio, which is no where near where BK is from DUH

Must be that Havasu heat getting to you
Old 03-21-2002, 02:32 PM
Liqui-Fly

Default "Your" Dumb??

I think you mean you're dumb. Don't take these disputes personally. Your Mirage and most Mirage's are very nice and very fast boats. This is about origins and finding truth. It may get ugly at times but it is all for truth. Barn did mean Brad not you as far as getting stories straight. BK has made statements about all Mirage boats being Collin's originals. Well now we find out there is a Howard amongst them. We all know that Howard built a ton of tunnels...oh wait their new 26 or 27 was supposidly their first!! Man I'm confused. I wish someone in the know would tell the truth. David

Old 03-21-2002, 02:33 PM
Registered

Default pointless?

Liqui-Fly,
Funny, I don't remember saying the creation of a deck was amazing? Now who is putting wrods into whos' mouth, and spreading rumors?
What is your point? I have yet to see anythin g valid in your babblings. Just because someone else brings out a boat that's 22 feet long and another company has one..they are splashing ideas? Are you listening to yourself? The only thing that the 22' Stoker and the 22"Trinity share are that they are both Mod VP style boats. The stoker is barely 22 feet, here as the Mirage is almost 23'. They have differnt pads, strakes, lifts, and steps. Obviously you have NO clue what your talking about, nor have ever seen these two boats. Like I said before, ask Alan Stoker, a good friend of Brad Collins (designer of the Trinity). Obviously your not that smart to go right to the man who built them, huh?

Get your facts straight
Old 03-21-2002, 02:36 PM
Liqui-Fly

Default Jr. Stop Speaking For Someone Else

Yet another puppet.
David

Old 03-21-2002, 02:40 PM
Liqui-Fly

Default Quote From Hotboat

February 1997

"Affirmation of that development follows just a few minutes behind the wheel of Howard Custom Boats’ sleek new 26-footer, the first production family air-trapper in the company’s storied, 39-year production history."

Please explain this to me. You see I know nothing.
David

Old 03-21-2002, 02:40 PM
Registered

Default ?

Nope, last time I check I wasn't dumb, I do have a college education and a minor is Business Law

"We PURCHASED the mold and made our own changes." -BK

Funny, ya know I've known how to read since iwas in first grade, I do believe my eyes don't decieve me and that says the molds were purchased and CHANGED! Why would that disign have been desired by the company who recently purchased it?

I have the first ever built 22 Trinity sitting here in the garage, and the fastest Stoker Sport Tunnel with 900Horse power down the street, they are so different a child could notice. But like I said before, you won't research and find out from the builders huh?
Old 03-21-2002, 02:45 PM
Liqui-Fly

Default Wasn't Calling You Dumb

I was correcting your grammer. I figured if you were going to call Barney dumb then you should say "you're dumb" not "your dumb". Come on keep up here.
David

Quick Reply: Splashing Hulls: Right or Wrong?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.