Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Splashing Hulls: Right or Wrong? >

Splashing Hulls: Right or Wrong?

Notices

Splashing Hulls: Right or Wrong?

Old 03-14-2002, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a great topic. I know this will start a war...but. For some of us green horns it would be nice to know who some of these manufacturerers are. I know naming names will just start a fight. So maybe names should be left out. What everyone elses opinions on naming some well know spashers?

Brian
Old 03-14-2002, 02:09 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

yea . . great topic BK . . .an i dont think really this will start a war. heck its been 4 pages on this so far an we all seem to be in agreement for the most part, splashing is wrong.another thing Caincando1 right now the industry is still kinda in the grey area as some manufacturers have been producing a splashed boat for many years, sence like the 70's and 80's, when the laws were very different. again the 24 excaliber is a great example of that.it is still being produced by several different manufacturers, although i dont know if they are splashed or legal copies . it may be some time before the new laws show there full effetion . i guess the best advice is to stick with companys that have a long standing reputation for quality and design.

i was also approached once to pull some molds from an aftermarket engine cover for merc 2.5 outboards (think it was a lightning or something) i declined that project also. i just dont have it in me to splash someone else's work.i know what it takes to produce somthing like that.

Last edited by glassdave; 03-14-2002 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-14-2002, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Saber 41

Med.Man.... There's a couple Sabers in the Galleries section photos that run up here on Lake Erie.

J.M.
Old 03-14-2002, 02:38 PM
BK
Registered

I certainly won't name the company's names, but some of these individuals/companies are actually admitting what they've done, that they have/have made molds of splashed hulls, and oddly, two companies are claiming to be very proud of splashing and say they will continue because they can't get punished. And even a few people giving them praises. I couldn't believe it and that's why I came here -- to see what you guys, the Offshore segment, thought about this.

Several of those threads have already been deleted because you can imagine the anger this creates.

But you can still see one of these threads at:

http://forums.screamandfly.com/showt...threadid=10333

It is titled: "I will sell these molds.. yes the one that build a STV-like boat"

When you visit, you'll see the names of two other boat building companies joined this thread to encourage buying splashed boats. It is found on the registered General forums on Screamandfly.com
Old 03-14-2002, 03:01 PM
MikeStar

Originally posted by E Z TERMS
... the " lamination schedule" which includes what kind of glass - bi-axial - tri etc, weight of glass, aapplication direction .piece size, resin type, resin mix, internal part placement .....detail ad nauseum ........... IS PROTECTED LIKE FORT KNOX............

.they wont even talk about it.............

That's cause it's all done with a chopper gun!

hehe, j/k Reg and crew build a good boat.

BTW, this thread is 4 pages long and no one has either taken a swipe at the beak boats or turned it into a flame war. Thought I was at a different website for while, like OSO about 6 months ago...

Old 03-14-2002, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

I understand that a large Canadian Boat Company's peformance hull originated from a splashed Velocity hull.

Padraig
Old 03-14-2002, 03:30 PM
E Z TERMS

baja daze,

man i hate to hear that.......................

they should killed as well......................

ha !

ez

mike,

chopper gun................got me on that one.............
i did ask that question at the fact. visit (by mistake i can assure you

wow that pissed them OFF !!!

I was informed that fountain does not own even one of them..........go figure huh..

Old 03-14-2002, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry for the change of subject but..Whats the other board everyone is mentioning? Thanks
Old 03-14-2002, 04:38 PM
EndlessSummer

The origional 33 Fountain boat was splashed off a 31' Chris Craft and yes they do ustize chopper guns...it is a full blown production built boat, simular to a Baja.

Old 03-14-2002, 04:42 PM
BK
Registered

Default Other thread....

Hi Pantera -

The other thread is on www.screamandfly.com, in General Discussions.

Quick Reply: Splashing Hulls: Right or Wrong?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.