Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boats 4sale in the Classifieds #s falling?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/200640-boats-4sale-classifieds-s-falling.html)

jeff1000man 12-26-2008 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by never enuff (Post 2765783)
I let my ad expire because there are less people looking and the market sucks. If buyers can't steal it they don't want it, at least thats what's happening in todays market.
Jay

I don't think it is that we are trying to steal. Boats have just been overinflated for so long, that people think that is what they are worth.

Very soon you guys will be seeing it in housing and everything else also.

I say it is about time. Everyone thinks that the prices of manufactured goods going up is good for the economy. It isn't. The only ones who benefit are the owners of the companies and the stockholders.

The poor guy getting paid by the hour or on contract to help build this (rap ends up getting screwed twice in the end.

If he is hourly, he gets accustomed to exrta hours and overtime, and then gets dropped back on his azz when demand starts to go down.

If he is a contractor, he ends up loosing everything because demand has stopped, or gone back to the hourly guys because the company can rely on them to show up and use them for other things around the job, and not "just what it says in the contract"

I say it's about time for things to re adjust back to where they are supposed to be, I just hope we are all still here after it happens.

G.D. Banks that caused all of this, deserve to fail. Let the FDIC do it's job. we don't need the bailout, we just need our deposits to be covered after the institution fails. Just think how much farther we would be all ready if the gov't would have just let them go. Look at them damn bacnks right now sitting on that free cash, so they can keep their payrolls funded. If they would have given the cash to the Big3, or any other major industry, then conservatively 5 times the jobs could have been saved and the amount of loans on the street would still never have changed, just like they havn't now.

Pretty soon we are going to be washing each others clothes just to keep the cash moving, and eventually the transaction fees will leave us with nothing because the G.D. banks are still getting those and the Gv't still gets it's taxes.

Maybe I am just crazy, but it seems to add up.

Quinlan 12-27-2008 07:52 AM

I know why there is ONE less CIG!!! Because I bought it!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for your concern.

mmareno 12-27-2008 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by never enuff (Post 2765783)
I let my ad expire because there are less people looking and the market sucks. If buyers can't steal it they don't want it, at least thats what's happening in todays market.
Jay

Same here I just let mine expire too. I will wait for the New Year then re-list it. Not many wives looking on OSO for boats for the husband for Xmas....

January... People will start to look.. Tax money will start to roll in.... Should get better.

midwest272 12-27-2008 09:11 AM

I know I'm hanging on to my old boat since it's paid off and who knows whats around the corner with the economy.

This year could the last that any refunds roll in.

LaughingCat 12-27-2008 12:05 PM

Wondering if some are being pulled due to repo

TexomaPowerboater 12-27-2008 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by oklaoutlaw (Post 2765881)
I know why there is ONE less CIG!!! Because I bought it!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for your concern.

Nice, I look forward to seeing it.

fubard 12-27-2008 02:15 PM

And we havent even felt the pain yet from Madoff $50 billion yet. all those yatchs in Palm Beach

Jupiter Sunsation 12-27-2008 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by fubard (Post 2766001)
And we havent even felt the pain yet from Madoff $50 billion yet. all those yatchs in Palm Beach

Funny went by his house today...... He has a 55 Rybovich named BULL, someone ought to finish the name on the transom to BULL SH!TTER !

The big boat market tanked due to no financing. My brother-in-law manufactures/sells
boats in the 3mm to 11mm range and has seen deals fall apart when the buyer couldn't sell the trade or couldn't get financed on the new one. They used to take trades but liquidity issues prevents them from buying trades at this point. Why buy a million dollar trade with cash when you are not sure who you can sell it to!

Butchwj 12-29-2008 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by LapseofReason (Post 2765717)
It does this every year, by mid Jan. it will be back up.

40% of Americans are worried how they are going to put food on their tables every night....

OldSchool 12-29-2008 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Butchwj (Post 2766815)
40% of Americans are worried how they are going to put food on their tables every night....

Don't worry, OBama is going to take care of that!!!