Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Would you buy it ?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/200733-would-you-buy.html)

LapseofReason 12-30-2008 10:30 AM

10-12 years ago Sonny Bono had I think an eliminator V Somewhere around a 28 foot , I think it was around a 1990, He kept it a Tyme&Tyde Marina here in Woodbridge Va. It had a fiberglass hardtop for the bow, I never got that close to it but it was a few racks away from my P29 and it looked cool. But I have no clue as how well it worked.You might try giving them a call an see why the don't do more. I would think that would be more of a west coast thing anyway. He never took it out that I saw in 2.5 years there then he dyed and one of his friends got it, it may even still be there.

LapseofReason 12-30-2008 10:32 AM

And would I but it, No not in a 27 footer needs to be atleast a 37.

TexomaPowerboater 12-30-2008 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Ona-Mission (Post 2767081)
If you are doing market reasearch I'd suggest also asking "why" Why would you or why wouldn't you buy

Best of both worlds as socal mentioned. Actually more like best of three worlds. Open bow for entertaining, center console for fishing, closed bow and center steering for running at speed in rough water. I would think it would be very difficult to do on an offshore V bottom. You would think the flexing of the hull would play havoc on the removable or retracting foredeck. It would also need to support the weight of a few people. And it would be expected to hold up just as good as an open bow or closed deck. That is a tuff task.

BY U BOY 12-30-2008 10:55 AM

Nope I have a CC for fishing and a go fast for well going fast.:drink:

bouyhunter 12-30-2008 05:44 PM

What vehicle, or any product that has ever been made with a "dual-purpose" has ever been REALLY good at either? let alone both.

Where do you store the deck when not in use??
That things is going to be heavy, and not easy to install on the water.
Risk of scratching the chit out of everything putting it on.

Sorry, I just think you need to weigh out your needs, and decide which type of boat better suits your needs/desires.

ImaPoser 12-30-2008 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter (Post 2767736)
What vehicle, or any product that has ever been made with a "dual-purpose" has ever been REALLY good at either? let alone both.

My thoughts exactly.

Nope, wouldn't buy it.

Pantera24 12-30-2008 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter (Post 2767736)

REALLY good is subjective...but many products ..one example being modern trucks (SUV,Pickups) do multi use and serve each use well and sell extremely well...

Nonetheless let me make one point clear guys, I have received a few emails and questions about. I am not planning on building this nor am I representing anyone. I am a 2 boat owner ...CC and Sportdeck and I simply placed this out as a thought that has been in my head a long time.

Angel

bouyhunter 01-01-2009 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Pantera24 (Post 2767930)
REALLY good is subjective...but many products ..one example being modern trucks (SUV,Pickups) do multi use and serve each use well and sell extremely well...

Nonetheless let me make one point clear guys, I have received a few emails and questions about. I am not planning on building this nor am I representing anyone. I am a 2 boat owner ...CC and Sportdeck and I simply placed this out as a thought that has been in my head a long time.

Angel

Point taken.
And I guess a bit hypocritical myself, seeing as I drive an Avalanche, and love it. I guess you would consider it in many ways similar to what you are proposing in a boat.