Notices

Merc 650 EFI's ????

Old 12-31-2008, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Superbabi
TC Boss 302, sounds like a great boat your thinking of buying. Any questions about the motors give Ron Potter a call. 941-758-5942.
Super,

So Ron is building motors on his own now and not for Nortech? Do you know if the 650 efi is a true 650 HP? If so, I would assume that one would have to upgrade the drives from XR's, right?
Old 12-31-2008, 09:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by gnorthga
Sorry but u just fell way behind look at what I am leaning towards. Looks like you will be sneaking up after all.

http://www.teamshogren.com/new-boats...lightning.html
Gerald, How serious are you on the 38? Very nice!!
Old 12-31-2008, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Superbabi
TC Boss 302, sounds like a great boat your thinking of buying. Any questions about the motors give Ron Potter a call. 941-758-5942.
I have got to know Ron Potter through the years and in my eyes have never seen a better engine builder, When Nor-Tech went on the Mercury program, Ron Potter left and started Potter Performance, he designed most of the Nor-Tech engines. The man is flawless, his shop alone will show you how he represents himself, Extreme magazine is doing a big spread on Ron calling him the Wizard and he deserves it. We have had over 20 Custom engines built by Ron and he backs up his work Bobs 44MTI SpeedRacer and his old 36 Nor-Tech perfect storm have always had Potter Engines. Before I would pay the expence to have Brand New 525 Mercs built to higher HP. Save your money and have Ronnie build you from bottom up the HP you need. I know a pair of 777s are cheaper then a 600 from Merc and built stronger, bullet proof and made to last. We have 3 customers with the 777s and one has over 140 hours with no issues, The Man Is a Wizard and next year I am going to have my 496s ripped out of my Donzi and have him build me 777s the best part is they are EFI and naturally asperated, NO BLOWERS.
You can also vist www.potterperformance.com or go to our site www.typhoonsc.com and click on engines.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:36 AM
Registered

The NT 650 efi's are also setup to run on 89oct. gas too.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
Super,

So Ron is building motors on his own now and not for Nortech? Do you know if the 650 efi is a true 650 HP? If so, I would assume that one would have to upgrade the drives from XR's, right?
TC, yes Ron is building his own Bullet Proof motors for about 2 years now. You will have to give Ron a call about true HP. I would think you should be fine with the XR'S. I have put about 60 hours on my XR with a Ron Potter 800 EFI.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
Gerald, How serious are you on the 38? Very nice!!
I will step a side if u want it I am in no hurry I am trying to buy a new building rite now for the business. they do trades.

i found a real deal on a 38 with 600 with new cockpit but it has old style cabin gut told me he would take
$160,000 cash or less 140 hours said motors just cot freshend up happy new year
Old 12-31-2008, 04:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gnorthga
I will step a side if u want it I am in no hurry I am trying to buy a new building rite now for the business. they do trades.

i found a real deal on a 38 with 600 with new cockpit but it has old style cabin gut told me he would take
$160,000 cash or less 140 hours said motors just cot freshend up happy new year
Motors freshened at 140 hours?? WTF is that all about? All the threads that I have read about 600 SCI's have said they go 300+ hours before needing a refresh. He must have run the balls off that boat. Is it the orange/yellow one in the classifieds?

Don't step a side, step up and buy the 38. You know I don't have any interest in a Fountain.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by silverskater40
You've got to be kiddin, keep an eye on your engine hour meters
Dude lets not start a pissing contest there is bad blood between Nor-Tech and Ron and it isn't on Rons part, many of us know the reason why he left and so do a lot of his customers as far as Rons engines don't go pissing on a guy like Gary that spent $$$ on a brand new engine that he is proud of and runs strong and he can call Ron anytime and talk to the man. So lets not start slandering an engine builder. Thats like putting down a mans boat "It his Pride and Joy" Oh by the way this is what super baby engine looks like.
Attached Thumbnails Merc 650 EFI's ????-800efi-066-3-.jpg  
Old 01-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thanks Shanghied Again, for your positive response. I have no idea what this guys Agenda is. But I can see thats its Negative. Once again, Ron Potter Motors are "BULLET PROOF"
Old 01-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CAL MAN
you going to pull the triger on that one? Nice
Mark
No Mark I am just messing with a friend I need a new building for my business rite now. Happy New year.

Quick Reply: Merc 650 EFI's ????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.