Notices

Brooks Cougar

Old 12-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
We did the graphics on the red/black hull in post number 2. The boats were cored with some intresting material. Very light weight but did not seem very strong. I remember the owner saying that this boat was not to be "an OCEAN racing" boat. The first coupe of these boats that they brought to Key West blew apart BAD there in the worlds.....
Here's a pile of pix of the ol' (aircraft) carrier kitty highlighting some of your handiwork Ryan. Very unique piece...interesting body lines everywhere and light for her size. Well over the century and a half mark with Sterling 1200's. Never raced in anger, but plenty of lumpy running on St. Clair etc with no parts falling off (maybe your stickers helped!) Big beast absolutely devoured the rough stuff. Other unique deal were the capsules, obviously separate, but the lids opened inwards....couldn't see or hardly hear each other when idling / docking which made for many an adventure with no rubrails and the wind blowing that bohemoth around.

Would be interesting to see her with the new config / paint...any pix out there? Still in Florida?
Attached Thumbnails Brooks Cougar-ttbigkitty.jpg   Brooks Cougar-openwide.jpg   Brooks Cougar-img_7075.jpg  

The following users liked this post:
adrenalinejunkey (11-01-2020)
Old 12-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ygrowup
Here's a pile of pix of the ol' (aircraft) carrier kitty highlighting some of your handiwork Ryan. Very unique piece...interesting body lines everywhere and light for her size. Well over the century and a half mark with Sterling 1200's. Never raced in anger, but plenty of lumpy running on St. Clair etc with no parts falling off (maybe your stickers helped!) Big beast absolutely devoured the rough stuff. Other unique deal were the capsules, obviously separate, but the lids opened inwards....couldn't see or hardly hear each other when idling / docking which made for many an adventure with no rubrails and the wind blowing that bohemoth around.

Would be interesting to see her with the new config / paint...any pix out there? Still in Florida?
Attached Thumbnails Brooks Cougar-cougarass.jpg   Brooks Cougar-cougarassend2.jpg   Brooks Cougar-cougarmoto.jpg  

The following 2 users liked this post by ygrowup:
adrenalinejunkey (11-01-2020), I'CE (11-03-2020)
Old 12-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ygrowup
Attached Thumbnails Brooks Cougar-97_14.jpg   Brooks Cougar-cougarassend.jpg   Brooks Cougar-50overhead.jpg  

Old 12-31-2008, 09:27 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I like the pic of the two boats together.....whats goin on BWD?
Old 12-31-2008, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased the boat from KR Racing and sent it to Ck Motorsports to be rerigged,after it came back from there I had Airborne Marine add extra stringers in it to fix all the defects that the hull had Thanks to Jim Dyke and Steve Curtis to help fixes . With 1200 sterlings it and alittle help from Jerry Gilbreath,we got it to run 158mph. Really loved that boat it wood eat up 6 footers no problem...Bob...Thanks Ryan the pictures of all three boats looked great..
Old 12-31-2008, 01:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
I like the pic of the two boats together.....whats goin on BWD?
Livin' the arctic dream Ryan...just not sure who's?! Happy new year to you & yours and Billy G if ya see him down there.

Re the Cougar, I'm quite sure MY side of the boat was doing 160 + ...... the throttlechimp side was draggin' a little more weight!

Wheelchimp1
Old 01-01-2009, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by olli
When Kjell Inge Rokke brought it to Key West like Ryan Beckley said they faced huge delamination problems but in one interview he said that he was satisfied with its handling and that he would go on with it. Shortly after that he switched to a 46' Skater.

Kjell was in a 46 skater long before that project ever began!
Old 01-01-2009, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dd24skater
Kjell was in a 46 skater long before that project ever began!
Yes he had already used the Skater in '94, what's the point?
Old 01-01-2009, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by olli
Yes he had already used the Skater in '94, what's the point?
Actually it was 93
Old 01-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sure about '93? I can only remember a 40' Skater he used for the '93 WOC series and in the European Championship. Did he use the 46' in the USA in '93?

Quick Reply: Brooks Cougar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.