If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brooks Cougar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley View Post
    A few years ago KR racing had a 46' Skater named Reverie....they ran it in the US once or twice and then took it to Europe. They race a race or two there with it and it did not handle well so they scrapped it. That boat is now in Australia racing......
    They crashed it in the first race I think and the boat was heavily damaged, it was a miracle that they managed to repair it for the second race in Germany. After the repairs it was obviously not very competitive:

Quote Originally Posted by flying fish View Post
    ...Brooke Shoes did race in Europe in 1993 in Marbella & Ischia according to reports,before switching to the 40ft...
    I've got a couple of magazines and two books about the '93 series and all the pics show the red/gold 40'?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley View Post
    You are right it do remember a BIG 46' Brooks boat, I HAD forgotten..... big white beasts....

I remember I read an article about Kjell Inge Rokke in one of my friends Yacht magazines (he's a Superyacht fanatic). The article was written shortly after the disappearence of the Reverie team and said that Rokke was forced to sell his 231' Benetti and his 737 Buisiness Jet because he owed the bank about 450 000 000$ (then the $ was worth something). Now, a few years later I see this:
    I know it is a bit off topic but please tell me:
    WTF do I do wrong???

My Boats:
    BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace

I was at key west in 94 and he had two big boats I thought they were 45 or 46 s, one had v12s in unlimited class with scoops , and the other in open with merc 900s and one had the scoops with engine hatches replaced the v 12 lambos both were white with BROOKS SHOES.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234