Florida and boating property >

Florida and boating property

Notices

Florida and boating property

Old 01-10-2009, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rockstrmkr
All due respect, I do the same thing you do. Have spoken to many attorneys about it. The banks for the most part all write to Zero, before giving it to the asset management company.
The beauty is that "market value" for the lender on the day of foreclosure is truly Zero, unless there is a buyer at fair market value that day. Sliding it from the lenders name into the asset managers name probably has more to do with length of time on bank books.
Again, all really meaningless. Foreclusures have and will continue to provide a great addtional source of revenue, so it's all good....
You could be right on this, I deal with the asset companies, I haven't talked with the attorneys involved before it hits the asset companies.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Remember FL is full of people with burn out dreams...... It is like an east coast California. Everyone came here to be rich and get a killer tan. Reality sets in and suddenly they are working the local gas station complaining how everything costs so much and how they did it "up north"

My favorite saying: Florida is a sunny place for SHADY people!
It's very easy to make a small fortune in Florida, just start out with a large one.

Self-employment is pretty much required as the wages are crap.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Registered

Default growth

Originally Posted by PARADOX
I'm looking at a house to buy in Cape Coral. Not on the water but there are the slips and marinas I guess.
3BD 2.5 Baths. 2 car gar. 1 year old never lived in. for $110K.
It's a good deal. or is it ? Or I should just buy land and build?
Good boating area, but what about future growth and jobs?
I need a cristal ball.
words of caution. zero construction related jobs. houses like your looking for can be found below 75k, just keep digging. there was never much more than construction related work and as you can see from the economy, cape coral is #1 in the state for foreclosures and #2 in the country. the most avialble jobs are in health care, example- nurses. boatings okay. lot of cool places to go out to by boat. but the ft myers area has really been hurt by making the coolsahatche river all 25mph.

the water is nice but i spent 3 months on a job in ft pierce and their beaches and water was alot cleaner and it was real sand not just crushed shells.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tampa38
It's very easy to make a small fortune in Florida, just start out with a large one.

Self-employment is pretty much required as the wages are crap.

Yup I was shocked that all the people that stock shelves at the supermarkets ar like 40.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Crime rates are a funny thing, I live in Indianapolis, and feel it is a safe city. We had 153 murders in 2006. I guess it comes down to your perspective.
Won't mind hearing more about the job market, my wife wants to move to FL (west coast) real bad, she is a nurse so for her no problem.
I am an soon to be out of work Audio engineer. I didn't want to move to Detroit, and my job will be farmed out to China and India in 2 to 3 years. (companies goal).
Not sure what kind if any industry is in FL, I don't want to be stocking shelves.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Crime rates are a funny thing, I live in Indianapolis, and feel it is a safe city. We had 153 murders in 2006. I guess it comes down to your perspective.
Won't mind hearing more about the job market, my wife wants to move to FL (west coast) real bad, she is a nurse so for her no problem.
I am an soon to be out of work Audio engineer. I didn't want to move to Detroit, and my job will be farmed out to China and India in 2 to 3 years. (companies goal).
Not sure what kind if any industry is in FL, I don't want to be stocking shelves.
Tell your wife to check out travel nursing: www.cctc.com is one of the largest in the industry. You get to try FL on their dime and they can arrange everything for your housing. My wife has been a nurse recruiter for them for 13 years.

Audio engineer? Can't help you there........
Old 01-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Thanks Jupiter