Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Company rent/charting high speed boat >

Company rent/charting high speed boat

Notices

Company rent/charting high speed boat

Old 01-01-2009, 03:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Company rent/charting high speed boat

Well I didn't think anyone did this because of insurance and the expense but here is a company? SO I guess if you are in S Fla. you can get your speed on.

http://www.waterfantaseas.com/vessels.asp?vid=8

Anyone have experience good or bad with them??

WILL

Last edited by BAJA WILL; 01-01-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

The owners name is Charlie, he's a good guy. I have done jobs for him over the years with some of my other boats. He would set up little runs with 3 to 6 boats and take out different groups. It use to work out great. He would pay is between $500 to $1000 per hour depending on the group so basically you got paid for a day of boating. It was a lot of fun taking out people that have never been in a fast boat before. You take them up to 100 mph and they have the time of their life. He has called me over the pat 2 years for jobs but it's just not cost effective with Lubejobs or The Mercedes boat.
He had a killer deal with Phiilip Morris. They had some prize that every week 30 or 40 people would win a racing experecnce. Phillkip morris would pay for the people to come to Miami, stay in a first class hotel, go to race car driving school in Homestead for a couple of days then the last day a powerboat experience.
I miss doing his jobs. I have thought about bying another smaller cat to play with and do jobs for him again.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:29 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
....He had a killer deal with Phiilip Morris. They had some prize that every week 30 or 40 people would win a racing experecnce. Phillkip morris would pay for the people to come to Miami, stay in a first class hotel, go to race car driving school in Homestead for a couple of days then the last day a powerboat experience.
I miss doing his jobs. I have thought about bying another smaller cat to play with and do jobs for him again.
Gino - I ran the racetrack part of that program, and rode on the cat in 2003. I also showed up one evening in my BatBoat and ran with the group. Did you do any driving for Charlie in those days?
Old 01-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to run the Crazy Gregg in those runs. We have sold the boat, just wasnt a profitable buisness-lot of fun though.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=BAJA WILL;2768799]Well I didn't think anyone did this because of insurance and the expense but here is a company? SO I guess if you are in S Fla. you can get your speed on.

We are Trying to do this in MD, North East.. My buddy is calling it Surf and Turf Runs. People who don't have power boats going on a run with power boaters.. Hopefully summer of 09 doing a few!
Old 01-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charter High Speed Boats

Charters with a high speed boat...I do this with my 35 Cafe when I am not doing marine surveys...I have worked with Gino and quite a few other guys. (hello Gino) Insurance for charters with a Performance Boat is very hard to acquire although I do have this charter boat insurance in south Florida. Due to boat thefts being high I am also selling Nav-Tracker GPS vessel theft recovery systems. Awesome system kind of like Lo-Jack... uses sats for tracking.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by budd
I used to run the Crazy Gregg in those runs. We have sold the boat, just wasnt a profitable buisness-lot of fun though.
Sonic with green trim, right?