Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Eddie Marine Customer Knowledge and Service, LOL! >

Eddie Marine Customer Knowledge and Service, LOL!

Notices

Eddie Marine Customer Knowledge and Service, LOL!

Old 03-14-2002, 11:35 AM
MIdnightRider

Thumbs down Eddie Marine Knowledge and Customer Service, LOL!

I was reminded of this last summers moment as I was doing my last years expenses. Just prior to July 4th of last year I had my motor rebuilt and was replacing my manifolds because they were cracked. EMI Thinder appeared to be very thick and beefy with good flow. So I called one of their phone reps and explained I was running Stelling Dry Tail Pipes, what the center to center was on the four bolt pattern, and my issue having to go through the same transom location. I spent about 25 minutes thoroughly explaining what I was trying to accomplish. "Oh yeh, their great, they will fit no problem". So I have these bad boys RED LABELED in from Cali to MI for a mere $150, about $1k for manifolds only. They arrive the day of install July 3, " AND THOSE SOB'S ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO FITTING", the four bolt is not close, the heights aren't, won't clear the power steering pump. So I call the guy, "I never told you that, they need our tail pipes, BULL F$CKIN' SH%$ you didn't tell me that. He was a F^CKIN LIAR. So I ship them back for another $50, then they charge me a 20% restock, wont take the responsibility for their mistake, SO I HAVE $400.00 INTO NOTHING!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR WONDERFUL SERVICE EMI!!!!!!!

Last edited by MIdnightRider; 03-14-2002 at 11:41 AM.

Old 03-14-2002, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OUCH!
Old 03-14-2002, 12:35 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My experience was not as bad as yours, but bad enough that I will spend my money somewhere else. I think Eddie Marine is like West Marine, Boaters World, etc. If you know what you want and can confirm that they really have it in stock, and can be assured that they will accually ship it when promised and how promised, then you are in business. But I will bet you that these three companies given half a chance WILL SCREW UP YOUR ORDER.

I see this with all our vendors anymore. First you cannot get a live person, they want you to order on line. Then when you finally get a live person they do not know **** and you end up with someones voice mail. Then you play phone tag for two days only to find that you need to talk to engineering and there is only one engineer available for your area of the country and you probably should just send him a fax and he will be back to you within 5 - 7 business days. You finally get the answer you need and are more than ready to place an order and they inform you they they are out of stock, but there is a shipment due in from China in 10-12 weeks.

I run our business the old fashion way. The phone is answered by experienced sales people who know what you want and can immediately check stock and quote you a price. If we have it in stock it CAN be delivered to you or shipping today sure "NOT A PROBLEM". We have four vans on the road and we carry ALL of our UPS shipments to the terminal on our van at 5:30PM each day. Our business has grown during these so called poor economic times.

I know what is wrong with this country, they just don't want to hear what I have to say.

That felt good MIdnightRider, thanks for letting me blow off some steam.
Old 03-14-2002, 12:37 PM
E Z TERMS

I tape all my conversations with those parts guys..............easy here at work .............auto tape deal............

Then when one of the idiots drops you in the grease...............
play it back for 'em

amazing attitude adjuster...........

EZ

Old 03-14-2002, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

E Z terms -- Ilike that idea I've been meaning to get one of thosefor tooo long now. I'm ordering one right now. It never fails the guy on the other end really doesn't care half the time, not his money, time, hobby that he's waisting.
Old 03-14-2002, 01:57 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I'm glad to say that my experience with Stellings was not like this. I left a message because I was calling after hours and the fellow that I was speaking with wasn't confident on the item. A few days later they returned my call with the part and a delivery date. He then called back a few hours later with a suggestion to help reduce my costs! He actually suggested going to a custom part because the stocker would be more expensive! Cool! Now if only you would make your company more acessible...

So far no problems with Eddie-but I've only ordered stock items.
Old 03-14-2002, 02:04 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought Emi's last year but did'nt by them from Emi ...I got mine from Steve Snider here on the board and had no problems...well I had to change the location of the power steering pump but no big deal...better to deal with someone who installs there product my .02
Old 03-14-2002, 04:08 PM
MIdnightRider

Amen Baja Boss- If my family ran our business the way these companies did, I would be in a 14 ft alumicraft not a Fountain. I just wanted to let the board know of my true, real experience; as I had promised the parts saleman that at every oppratunity I would be sure to share my wonderful thoughts of their great service. Midnight

Old 03-14-2002, 04:24 PM
merlin540

i have used eddie for the past 7 years and have had no problems. just placed a $4500.00 order with them this monday for the parts to rerigg my 32 skater that i bought over the winter. i am very happy with there products.

Old 03-14-2002, 05:05 PM
Registered

Just stepped back in office & did not find my package of parts that I had ordered from EM monday morning & told to ship second day had not showed up again. While I am sitting down at my desk calling to find where order is, I come across this thread. Guess what? The oil cooler that I had ordered they do not have in stock, so did not ship any of my order. I was told they tried to call the number they had for me & that it was a no good number. Number I gave them is our office number. I asked if he could ship rest of parts & was told I will have tommorrow. We will see.

I agree with earlier posts about getting anything. I feel luckly if I place order with one of our vendors & I get the right material & when they said I should have it.

Quick Reply: Eddie Marine Customer Knowledge and Service, LOL!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.