Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Copy Cat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/20104-copy-cat.html)

PhantomChaos 02-04-2005 03:45 PM

Re: Copy Cat

Originally Posted by Touchy Subject
I'm a newbie here but so far no one has called me a "Hoser Canadian" yet like Jeffery J likes to do.
I haven't bucked up for a membership yet but its on the way!!!!
Hope to meet as many of you as I can in So Be... :drink:
Stan

You are a Hoser Canadian. :D :D :drink: :drink: :drink:

Racegirl3 02-04-2005 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos

Bob and Doug McKenzie are still funny, eh! :cool:

fund razor 02-04-2005 04:14 PM

Maybe my point should be DAM the folks at OSO know what they are talking about.

You go to the tech section and you get really serious discussions about real problems, and professional advice on virtually any problem you could have with any kind of powerboat. These guys are very heavy weight. I NEVER make jokes on tech threads. NEVER jump in on a person's problem unless I have first hand information that will lead to the solution.

I lurk a lot in tech because you can fill in your knowledge base on anything you need to. The tech section is the virtual university of performance boats.

I have posted some pretty hard problems in OUR tech section and always gotten quick, friendly, accurate advice and best practices. Because we have the people we do.... I would be willing to bet that it's the most comprehensive, detailed, informative, and helpful tech section on the web.

I'm not really trying to slam the other site. I thought that it would be ok to notice the difference in an honest way.

Is it?

Racegirl3 02-04-2005 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by fund razor
I'm not really trying to slam the other site. I thought that it would be ok to notice the difference in an honest way.

Is it?

You are both eloquent and honest. Why would that be bad?

pachangalpina 02-04-2005 05:28 PM

My member status reflects my thoughts. I have paid where I am currently receiving the most benefit but I do frequent both sites. The tech section there does have some useful content just as the General Boating Discussion here gets some useless non-boating BS. If I have a tech question I generally ask it here or in the Fountain Section.

As for insurance rates and non mechanically skilled boaters; I have to disagree. I know plenty of experienced boaters that are very careless and will commonly endanger others on their craft and around them. I also know boaters that have very little to no mechanical aptitude that are extremely safe and courteous boaters but they pay to have their craft properly maintained. I work in the auto racing industry and will on occasion see some of the best drivers that have very impressive histories but can barely identify the parts that make up the car. Boating is not much different.

:drink:

Touchy Subject 02-07-2005 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos

And DAM proud of it!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :drink:

fund razor 02-07-2005 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by pachangalpina
I also know boaters that have very little to no mechanical aptitude that are extremely safe and courteous boaters but they pay to have their craft properly maintained.

I hope that they break down near shore in good weather.

fund razor 02-07-2005 12:26 PM

And you're right.... it's not the ones who don't have a clue about hydrodynamics and mechanics.
It's ALL fountain owners who are driving the insurance rates up for the rest of us.

There. :D