Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   formula ss vs fountain ex?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/201109-formula-ss-vs-fountain-ex.html)

LAriverratt 01-06-2009 03:17 PM

formula ss vs fountain ex??

Ok...give me your opinions on which is better for entertaining, going fast, and being comfortable:readinghelp: formula ss or foutain ex?????

mikebrls 01-06-2009 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by LAriverratt (Post 2771952)
Ok...give me your opinions on which is better for entertaining, going fast, and being comfortable:readinghelp: formula ss or foutain ex?????

WELL I CAN ONLY TELL U ABOUT THE FOUNTAIN :)
ALL AROUND GREAT BOAT TOP SPEED IS BETWEEN 60 & 62 MPH WITH 496HO MOTOR'S BOAT IS 10.5 FOOT WIDE SO U CAN TRAILER WITH NOPROBLEM . FOUNTAIN HAS ALL HIGH PERFORMANCE EQUIPMENT FROM MERC, 380 TRIM-TAB'S TO FULL HYDRIOLIC STEERING ECT,
I CAN GO OUT ONE DAY WITH WIFE AND 4 MONTH BABY JUST CRUISING AROUND THEN THE NEXT DAY LEAVE BABY WITH GRANDMA :) AND GO RUN HARD IN THE OCEAN WITH WIFE . SHE STEER'S WHILE I THROTLE SHE LOVE'S IT .
UNFORTANITLY MINE IS FOR SALE SO PM ME IF YOU WOULD LIKE MORE INFO
MIKE

tim brown 01-06-2009 04:45 PM

fountain

don't you know the diference between a EX and a EC

mikebrls 01-06-2009 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by tim brown (Post 2772019)
don't you know the diference between a EX and a EC

I THINK WE KNOW WHAT HE MEANT .
LIGHTEN UP A BIT :)

LAriverratt 01-06-2009 05:17 PM

Thanks mike...lets talk...and tim...I'm not gonna be fishing for GILLED tuna but non-gilled tuna, if you know the difference...lol so it'll be the EC for me...lol

live wire 01-06-2009 06:19 PM

I've been dreaming about both boats at boat shows for a long time . IMO I feel the formula would be a better boat for cruising & entertaining with more luxury while the fountain is closer to its roots as a go-fast type boat with more bling . Either way id be proud to own either but I'd probally go with the Formula SS.

Spicy 01-06-2009 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by live wire (Post 2772082)
I've been dreaming about both boats at boat shows for a long time . IMO I feel the formula would be a better boat for cruising & entertaining with more luxury while the fountain is closer to its roots as a go-fast type boat with more bling . Either way id be proud to own either but I'd probally go with the Formula SS.

Good Analogy.....

Go look at both of them, I feel the Formula "feels" way bigger then the Fountain, Quality and Luxury go with the Formula.....

dreamer 01-06-2009 06:27 PM

i like the fountain cabin better

89scarabIII 01-06-2009 07:04 PM

Fountain defiantly has more of a cruiser cabin all the luxuries and still goes fast. Formulas SS cabins seems a bit basic. Fountains cabin is more comparable to the formula Pc.