Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fla Marine Engine builders (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/201226-fla-marine-engine-builders.html)

LubeJobs42 01-09-2009 11:33 PM

I, living in south Florida have tried about everyone. There are several people that are good but if it's not their engine, everything is wrong and needs to be changed. The most honest guy that has been around for 20 years and does a fantastic job is Tony Gargiulo (NO RELATION to me) of Native Racing engines in Hollywood. He is honest as the day is long!! He will work within you budget. He is the ONLY local guy I will use. I have had experiences with several, not all but several of the guys listed and I would really recommend native. In the 80’s he built motors for some of the biggest names in racing. He stands behind his work and he is a hands on owner.

NATIVE RACING ENGINES, INC.
2408 SW 57th Ter
Hollywood , FL 33023

(954) 986-9244

Ryan Beckley 01-10-2009 09:17 AM

Hiding behind my computer???? I use my real name the ONLY screen name I have had since I was member number 80 on this site!! Your name is Jim Darr you've had a DOZEN different screen names. How many times have you gotten booted from this site? One more thing, when you had motor problems were they Nor Tech motors or Ron Potter motors?

Superbabi 01-10-2009 10:13 AM

Ron Potter is well respected in the industry, in his past and his current endeavors with regards to new custom motorbuilding and rebuilds. Nothing but praise and kind words about Ron from everyone I ever spoke to, whether it be on line, phone or in person. Then, out of nowhere, a dissant aggressor, (silverskater40) pokes his head from under his rock and starts his negative attacks for no reason. GO BACK UNDER YOUR ROCK TOOL!!!:mad::mad:

Bobthebuilder 01-10-2009 10:29 AM

Ron Potter has done my work for the last 8 years, initially when he was with Nor Tech developing their great lineup of motors, then when he went on his own, my gas engine work went with him. He stands behind his product like no other and is as honest as the day is long. :) :Score-101010:
Bob

jmbtile 01-10-2009 10:48 AM

When I had to make the decision of who to use it was tough. I narrowed it down to Potter and Cobra. Ron was incredibly knowledgeable and easy to talk to but I decided to go to Cobra because they did everything including rigging. Randy did my motors and drives and have had a great run with his stuff. Also gave me a great warantee. Either way dont think you can go wrong.

PARADOX 01-10-2009 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by daredevil (Post 2774845)
You all forgot COBRA in Ft.Lauderdale !!!!!!

Run... Run.. as fast as you can.
I wouldn't deal with Cobra (Randy) again, not even to change my weed wackers string.
Enough said.
Old post above.
Edited:: 1/11/09
Cobra and I had some issues, and did not get resolved. It should have and may be it will some day. Will have to see, I'm still willing to resolve them somehow. Don't know about the motors, but we all know no one can please everyone all the time.
I'm passed this.

cobrapower 01-10-2009 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by PARADOX (Post 2774879)
Run... Run.. as fast as you can.

I wouldn't deal with Cobra (Randy) again, not even to change my weed wackers string.
Enough said.

Do you really think its fair to bad mouth cobra when you never even bought anything from us. So let's set the record straight, you bought a mercury 525 package with 65 hours from a customer of mine with a one year warranty from mercury. Cobra had nothing to do with this other than pulling them out of the boat and providing a place for you to pick them up. If you have any problems with the motors and drives then you should take it up with mercury or the customer you bought them from.