If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT Car question

My Boats:
    1986 Four Winns Liberator 241
    Lake St. Clair, Canada
    Originally posted by Dueclaws
    I wanted to trade-in my Porsche on my Z06 and was shocked at the price they offered me. I sold it myself. Noted it was a pain in the a__ to deal with the tire kickers, but it was well worth the effort. I pocketed $13,000. MORE than they offered me for a trade-in!!
    Dueclaws, I was just wondering are you crazy? Trading in a Porsche on a Vette. Whats up with that?

Platinum Member Platinum Member
    Well, maybe crazy------Like a Fox!

The Porsche was a great car, great to drive, fairly fast, etc. But other than the fact that there are fewer of them on the road (prior to Boxters, that is), it's not any better than the Z06. In fact my wife and I both like the Z better: it's much faster (405hp) than all but the Turbo Porsche, handles better, and is very comfortable to drive.

The plus: the oil change on my Porsche was $120. The new Carreras, Turbos run about $260. (they have to remove the fender well to get to one of the filters). And in my experience, the Porsche is less reliable than the Vette.

Sure the Vette is just a Cheby, but if you like great bang for the buck, it's a winner!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12