Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

screamindemon, Is that you dare devil??
Old 06-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 06-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Registered

^ Theres the Aero-TeK cat made by welcraft. They could also be had with outboards.

Last edited by FullAuto9; 06-08-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
Did Bob Z any cats also, just wondering...
http://www.boatingbay.com/listings/1...ran-80153.html
See above. I think Aero-TeK bought the molds from Welcraft.

Last edited by FullAuto9; 06-08-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ActiveThunderTodd
Ok for everyone that has been on this board for some time already knows my story regarding this guy. Zanine never went to jail for what he did which is a true shame. First off back in 94 I ordered a 33' with 502 mags. I was suppose to take delivery in March of 95. In Dec of 94 Zanine told me that the boat was "mostly complete" and that I needed to get him the whole amount of money. Not being nearly as wise in these matters I let him contact my bank directly and he provided them MSO serial numbers and the works as far as paper work goes so the bank released the funds and I began making boat payments. I thought the boats look great and thought they were built pretty well too. Well to make a very long story short I was one of 12 people that got burned by this guy in Oct of 95 when his business bank came in with the local sheriffs dept and locked him out of his building. After sueing everbody I could think of I came away with a blank 33' hull and a small amount of money from his bank just to go away. (still lost over $50,000 in the whole deal) I traded the hull to PAt at AT for my 32' AT in sept of 98. What I did find out later however is that if you got one of the few Aero Teks that were delived in 93 to 94 they were total complete pieces of ****. I think the guy in LOTO that has the aero Tek boats has fixed them up pretty well. In fact He ended up getting the 33' that I got as my settlement. Zanine would show the same serial numbers to motors that he had to a bunch of different customers telling each one that they were theres. He would put a paint job on a boat, show it to you then sand it off and put a different one back on and show the same hull to someone else. He made many many enemies. He even had a deal working with Shiada Boats from California and took them for alot of money. Zanine was and still is nothing but a crook and a liar. Last I heard he was working in the electrical contractring company in Sarasota. If anyone knows where he is I for one wouldn't mind pating him a visit.

One last note on this is how I got hooked up with Pat at AT during this time. In Oct or 95 when I thought I was going to get the hull form Zanine Pat helped me out. I was suppose to get a trailer in this deal but of course Zanine didn't have one for me. I had never met Pat in person just talked with him on the phone. I needed a trailer bad and Pat was the only person in Fl. that I could think of to call. He said sure come on over and you can use one of my trailers. We had never met yet. I got there, he unloaded a boat off of a trailer, we hooked it up to my truck and I drove away. He never asked me for a deposit and just said to bring it back when I was done with it. Well i didn't get the hull at that time and brought his trailer back to him a couple days later. It was then that I knew I would buy a boat from him when I was able too. 3 years later I did just that. If anyone wants to know more about my Aero Tek experiences please feel free to call me at 608-289-3834.

Todd K.
Todd your story is exactly the same thing that happened to a friend of mine. I was going to make a post about the paint jobs until I read your post. Zanine would actually paint one side of the boat with one customers design and then paint the other side with another customers design. Then he would only let you see the boat through the window to the shop. My friend got whacked for about 86k.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Registered

I remember the stories in the local papers about his customers that would send the builder engines to put in their boat, only to have the guy put them in another boat and sell it for cash.