Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Whats your opinion on 28-30' boats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/20150-whats-your-opinion-28-30-boats.html)

Reckless32 03-16-2002 09:41 PM

Mr. Gadgets
Wasn't pointing you out at all, just all the posts in general. We all love our makes and models and could go on forever about them like we could justify the cars/trucks we drive. I was just punning on the various boat owners speaking for their own. We all are a very loyal bunch....;)

Whassup 03-16-2002 10:35 PM

I love my checkmate but like something a little different I like change and to have something that alot of people don't see all the time I own a house on Sacandaga Lake in NY and do most of my boating there but I do wanter to Lake George twice a year and even the Hudson river on ocassion, Ive looked at alot of boat on the net since I posed this and like the sonics, active thunders, Sunsation, elimanators, apache, warlock and panteras. I'm still doing research but these are at the top of my list. Still need to do high 70's and tryimng to figure the best boat power to get there I really don't want to supercharge twins and I really want twins!! I don't mind putting in cams, heads and intake if I have to but would love to find that speed in stock power

Next how fast is a 28' sonic with twin 350's??

Thanks and keep on giving me places to locate boats anyone in the northeast!!

ScreaminDemon 03-16-2002 10:57 PM

What price range are you in?

Whassup 03-17-2002 09:48 AM

around $50,000 unless I wait a year then $60,000

Mr Gadgets 03-17-2002 10:03 AM

Reckless288,
Good point! We all have a tendency to be biased towards our own equipment. There are a lot of factors that go into that bias. One is the fact that we dont get much chance to experience the other brands and sizes.. I know when I get the chance to ride in a different boat, I try to make the effort. I am always looking for an improvment in what I have or what the next one will be.
As they say "Knowledge is Power", and this board has a wealth of it.

Wassup.. have fun shopping!!

Dick

formula1 03-17-2002 02:50 PM

Maybe your decision would be alot easier if you added Formula to your list:D :D !!! Seriously, I got three kids and have a 292SR1 and it has ALOT of cabin space including a separate and enclosed head, refridge, sink, shore power etc... It has twin 454 mags runs approx 70mph in stock trim (I'm sure it wouldn't take too much more to get to mid 70's...I just don't spend too much time WOT).
:eek: :eek:

Steve

audacity 03-18-2002 07:22 AM

take a good look at that guy's 32AT...sounds like u want a hi perf boat??? i think you'll be bumbed with a sonic and 2X SB's...if ya ever want a ride in a 32 AT to see what it can do let me know?

ps...i have been in a lot of boats and done myt share a busting them up!

joe
f2-80
throttles

Whassup 03-18-2002 07:47 AM

You wouldn't consider a sonic high performance?? Where are you located I would like a ride. AT I like but havn't seen many pictures of the cuddy and cockpit, alos dosen't seem like theres alot of 28' for sale I think 32 may be alittle to big??

audacity 03-18-2002 08:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i've been on sonics and even look at them to buy years ago...i'm more on the performace sid eof things....a place to crach and peeee cup is all ya need in a cudy! i'm in michigan, by my AT is in FL right now....the race boat is in PA and will be going to lake X soon...i will be at the st. cloud race warm'n up

Super30 03-18-2002 09:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Something else you might think about is a Concept,.www.boatshow.com