Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sign of the Times..... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/201624-sign-times.html)

DollaBill 01-25-2009 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by drpete3 (Post 2785125)
I WISH I was a rock star

It's not all it's cracked up to be

freshwaterfiend 01-25-2009 10:11 AM

That boat is just spectacular for that price. I'd be all over it if I didn't have more important things like a house purchase to deal with. I'd get Merc to upgrade the 850's to 1075's at the next service and call it a day.

Gorgeous boat at an awesome price. I feel bad for the guy, to be honest.

dreamer 01-25-2009 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 2779745)
that 46 has got you're name written all over it...:cool-smiley-011:

if it was 06 again it would be mine:rolleyes:

im not where i was with a cavilier attitude towards $$$$

BAJA WILL 01-25-2009 11:08 AM

Thats not a house its a PALACE, boat forsale, house forsale, probably a pro sports player who just got WAY over extended.

Wrong coast to get clipped by Madoff, but who knows.:eek:

texaschopper 01-25-2009 11:18 AM

In the engine compartment there are what kind of looks like mesh screens outlined in white. What are those?

smokin' joe 01-25-2009 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by LapseofReason (Post 2785141)
Thats a sweet house but the way I move first thing in the morning I would kill myself on that little step up to the bed.

I thought the same thing about that step up, but I know my wife would not care as long as I had mortgage insurance on that castle...

Jupiter Sunsation 01-25-2009 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by texaschopper (Post 2785596)
In the engine compartment there are what kind of looks like mesh screens outlined in white. What are those?

Decorations would be my guess....Think of the kids toy lite-brite when the screen surface is backlit and the design on the screen gets lit up/ projected in the engine compartment...

DPT MOTORSPORTS 01-25-2009 11:34 AM

Love the new avatar Dollabill.

LapseofReason 01-25-2009 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL (Post 2785592)
Thats not a house its a PALACE, boat forsale, house forsale, probably a pro sports player who just got WAY over extended.

I would guess one of those Hedge Fund a$$ clowns, you know live like that off other peoples money loose it all then either kill them selfs or go find a way to scam again instead of getting a job and earning it. I guess thats what a $100k college education will get you.

Jupiter Sunsation 01-25-2009 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL (Post 2785592)

They have their own Madoff over there except he has fled the area..... Arthur Nadel:

TAMPA - The Securities and Exchange Commission filed suit in federal court against missing Sarasota hedge fund manager Arthur Nadel and his business entities, accusing Nadel of committing fraud by deceiving investors and funneling their money into secret bank accounts.

A federal judge granted emergency motions from the SEC, appointing a receiver and imposing a restraining order to stop the fraudulent activity. A hearing was scheduled for Feb. 4.

Nadel recently transferred $1.25 million from the investment funds into a secret bank account, the SEC complaint states.

According to the SEC filing, Nadel and his companies have "materially misrepresented" the value of the hedge fund assets. "For example," the complaint states, "the Hedge Funds' internal books and records – used to provide false account statements to investors – indicate the value of their assets exceeds $300 million. In fact, the actual value of the Hedge Funds' assets is only about $506,000."

The complaint states the value of the funds were misrepresented to investors in false account statements directed by Nadel.

One Virginia investor who invested in the Victory IRA Fund, the complaint states, received a statement in October stating his investment was valued at $599,551.55, and the next month's statement valued his investment at $602,965.39. The investor made a second investment through another account with the same fund and received October and November statements valuing that investment at $172,354.07 and $173,335.45.

The actual total value of the entire Victory Fund's holdings was $2,938.86 at the end of October and in November, according to the SEC filing.

The same investor and his wife made other investments through Nadel's holdings, according the the complaint, which states those values were also misstated.

U.S. District Judge Richard Lazzara wrote in an order that the SEC had established "a reasonable likelihood Nadel will harm the investing public by continuing to violate federal securities laws unless immediately restrained." He also found "good cause to believe that unless immediately restrained and enjoined by order of this court, Nadel will continue to dissipate, conceal or transfer" his fund assets.

The Sarasota County Sheriff's office has said it believes the 76-year-old Nadel planned his disappearance before he was scheduled to give investors a $50 million payout on Jan. 15.