Looking for a first boat!!

Old 01-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

No substitute for boat length on Lake Erie
Old 01-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^^ I know it gets pretty gnarly up there is 25' enough???
Old 01-17-2009, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jetheadracer
That's exactly what I was thinking, if someone knows of a good deal on a 25' Outlaw let me know. Also is there anything i should look out for on these boats?
Originally Posted by bigboat28
No substitute for boat length on Lake Erie
I started with a 1985 25 Baja Force in 94'.
Grew up on Erie, boated out of Rossford.
Erie can get big and nasty. No substitute for length on Erie is true.
A 25' is a rough ride out there in big water, but I made it to PIB more than once in 5-7's - but you need to know your boat, and know how to read the water.
IMO Baja is a good starter boat. It's not a TRUE offshore boat, but it looks like one - at least that was my experience, and I'm sure I'll pizz a few off by stating that.
When I ran the boat like an offshore boat, I usually broke something (stringers, motor mounts, Water pickup) but, I admittedly beat that boat like a true offshore boat.
Single is good to start with - keeps costs down.
Personally, I like the smaller boats. Currently have a 24 Pantera, easy to haul, launch, etc.
When you learn how to drive the boat hard enough to start breaking things, it's time to step up to a better boat.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:01 PM
Are we having fun, yet?
Charter Member

Being partial to Sunsations, the 288 Sunny would be a good choice. Take a look at the Sunsation web site. They are a family run, Michigan built boat company. Service after the sale is about the best around. Just for added info, they offer the closed bow and the mid cabin models.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:01 PM
Registered

^^^ Sounds good I really appreciate the advice, I'm sure I won't be beating on it to hard at first. The more I read and learn the more excited I get!!
Old 01-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Your first boat should be something everyone should respect... A real boat! A 37' Midnight Express. Here is some information

Midnight Express

37’ Midnight Express, 1987. Fresh zero hour HP-500’s. Bravo HP drives with merc spacers for awesome x-dimension. Merc/ Stainless marine headers, Lathem external steering, K-Plates, K-trols, K-Indicators, Dual power steering pumps. Radar Arch.

Accommodates 4 comfortably with 2 couches and a nice spacious V Birth. Lectra San head and Norcold refrigerator(12v).

Electronics include Furuno Bottom Graph, Azmit Digital compass, VHF, and a Nice stereo.

Trailer: Trailer is a 2009 Sterling Ace, 18k cap, aluminum triple axle. Torsion axles with removeable spindles and matching 8 lug spares on forward tongue. Electric over hydraulic 12” Kodiac Brakes on ALL axles… REAL SMOOTH!! This is a $9,000 trailer and is included.

$ 45,000

850-345-7002
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a first boat!!-dscn0973.jpg   Looking for a first boat!!-dscn0733.jpg   Looking for a first boat!!-dscn0974.jpg  

Old 01-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Registered

^^^^^I'm afraid I wouldn't even know where to begin with something like that
Old 01-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Jet.. I told. yaaa.. the Infinity. good power, easy to handle.. tough, cuddy, porta potty, inexpansive, and have several rough Lake Michigan rides under her hull.
I took her to the 1994 Pier 33/Thunder Marine Poker Run around Benton Harbour and Michigan City. Hellava ride. Got me hooked on the Poker Runs.
I would stay away from the smaller then 30' Bajas. Just MY .02with out going into details.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Registered

Alright how about some pics you can email em to me at [email protected]
Old 01-17-2009, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If Paradox is talking about the 30' Infinity buy it! I had the molds for a while.. Great boat! Will plane at 15mph. What are they asking???

Quick Reply: Looking for a first boat!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.