Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Florida Trip March 7-14 places to go?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/201821-florida-trip-march-7-14-places-go.html)

excursion 01-20-2009 07:20 AM

Florida Trip March 7-14 places to go??

Change of plans, going March 14-21
Ok, I had another thread on ramps to use and found the perfect ramp, in St Lucie County, Stan Blum Memorial Boat Launch.
Very nice set for larger boats.

What I need now are places, marina's and events that might be a point of interest.
Was hoping to go as far south as Key Largo, or if find more to do just go to Miami.

Stops so far looking at :
West Palm Beach
Ft Lauderdale
Miami
Key Largo

If anyone wants to tag along, come on.

excursion 01-20-2009 06:47 PM

No one has a favorite hot spot or marina??? Tell me, trying to set up slips.

BDARCHER 01-21-2009 08:01 AM

Lets try it again.

rchevelle71 01-21-2009 08:44 PM

Spend an afternoon at Peanut Island, maybe another at Elliott Key, Let me know when you will be around, and I will get a group of boats to come up and meet ya, as far as slips, not sure I trailer around here.

CustomRigger101 01-21-2009 09:25 PM

well.. there's alot to do

are you going to have family with you..

in Boca there's wild live refuge that fun to drive threw for the kids

if it's just the parents.. alot of fun night live

boydon beach has some nice places to eat on the canal

and

by-the-sea has Aruba.. right on the water

what are you looking to do

party, boats, out for dinner, family

you can always stop by the aqua toy store and get Dan Campbell's autograph.. LOL

excursion 01-21-2009 09:32 PM

I guess I didn't give you all enough details. It will be just me and the wife, We like to go out to bars, site see and just hang out at marina tiki bars. Does anything stand out the you all would say is a "must do"

And Peanut Island I saw that on the internet , what days are the best to hang out there, just don't want to be the only boat there. Want some excitement!!!!
That would be great if we could hang with some local boaters.

Also what I am looking for is any marinas in the places I listed that are better than others to stay at.

rchevelle71 01-22-2009 08:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by excursion (Post 2783016)
I guess I didn't give you all enough details. It will be just me and the wife, We like to go out to bars, site see and just hang out at marina tiki bars. Does anything stand out the you all would say is a "must do"

And Peanut Island I saw that on the internet , what days are the best to hang out there, just don't want to be the only boat there. Want some excitement!!!!
That would be great if we could hang with some local boaters.

Also what I am looking for is any marinas in the places I listed that are better than others to stay at.

Best day for Peanut would be a holiday, but seeing there is none of them anytime soon, any Saturday or Sunday will do. THis time of year there are not a lot of boats, but if its a weekend, I can get at least myself and X-Ray 50 to come hang and show ya the way back thru Boynton and Delray. The restaurants in Boynton are fun places on Sunday, Bananna Boat and 2 georges(I will attach a pic or 3 of Bananna boat on New Years Day). As far as Marinas, Like I said, I am not really sure since I have never used any, but my Buddy used to keep his Scarab dry-stacked at Loggerhead in Lantana, they have reciprocal marinas from west palm south, so if yer making the trek by boat, maybe you can make a deal all the way down. Let me know your dates.

rchevelle71 01-22-2009 08:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A few from Lake Boca

rchevelle71 01-22-2009 08:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
And Elliott Key, of course these were all taken in the off season(NOW), Summer time is slammed at all spots.

rchevelle71 01-22-2009 08:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One more, this is Boca Chita, they have a campground just north of Elliott(South of Miami, north of the keys)