Notices

Saber Boats

Old 03-15-2002, 12:13 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, what drew you guys to buy Sabers? I think I've seen that Leo was looking to change boats, but not sure, what would you get after this? I don't want this to sound bad, but what about the Saber would you want to change in the next boat?

I guess I'm kinda trying to ask things like what they compare closest to, are the cabins luxurious or more ultilitarian? I read they ride well in the rough, but are the hulls less efficient than others? Or heavy boats? Just trying to figure out the niche Saber caters to.

So they just make the 28 and 41? I have seen Buzzin Bye and that is one sweet boat. Saw it parked behind Pier 33 in St Joe about 5 years ago for a Poker Run. What kind of speeds to you get with that?

Thanks for the info.

Mark
Old 03-15-2002, 12:19 PM
BuzzinBye!

They do also biuld a 34 and a 24. Saber can mbiuld you anything you want. Most that you will see are more utilitarian. My cabin is two 6' lounges and a 7' v berth and storage under the cushions with a spot for a pota-potti. But it does have enough headroom for a 6' 2" guy to sit up straight in on the benches. (not bad for a flat deck 28' boat) Saber's are straight V hulls and are a little bit on the heavier side(28 with twin 500 hp's is 6200#), but it rides fantastic and runs a true mid eighties. In a nutshell a good, very strong, straight forward boat that you'll never break!

Dan

Thanks for the compliment, at that time it was LEOPAJM's boat

Old 03-15-2002, 12:32 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, how many 34's did they make? Anybody know? Have any idea how many boat per year they make? I may have to call them and check out the factory if they do that sort of thing. That would provide a huge wealth of kowledge, and they're close by.

Just interested in learning more about them (and other boats as well.)
Old 03-15-2002, 12:36 PM
BuzzinBye!

3 - 41's
1 - 34'
and I think 28 - 28's

they may biuld 5 boats one year and no boats the next. They do a lot of rigging work and all other types of work on any brand of boat.

Dan

They are very receptive if you would like to call them

LEOPAJM has the number on his post

Old 03-15-2002, 01:19 PM
MIdnightRider

Buzzin- I saw your twin boat this week. It was just sitting in someone's front lawn with a 4-sale sign. I think the owner is friends with my buddy Apache Kid. I believe they won the third prize at Smoke on the Water last year, unless that was your yellow saber. Apache Kid used to own the old Great Lakes Caster 28 saber race boat. It was white with red trim, the # 28 on the each side, I think a 90'. It was fast, had built small blocks, I think they were 455hp a piece.

Old 03-15-2002, 01:24 PM
BuzzinBye!

There is another boat similiar to mine but with 7.4 liter motors and it has a white deck and hull bottom as opposed to mine which is ALL yellow. That was LEOPAJM first Saber that is for sale by you. It is a nice boat. I wasn't at smoke on the water last year. My wife and I will be this year except we are riding along in Flat Decks 41 Saber

Dan

Old 03-15-2002, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default More SABER Stuff

32 fever.....
To answer your ????? as far as me wanting to change my boat, or what would I change on my current boat.....The biggest driver for this would have to fall back on me and my choice when building my boat....at the time I had the yellow 28 (Buzzin Bye) and really liked the 500hp.....great reliability, low maintenance...anybody that knows me knows I'm good at two things on a boat ... running 'em and trying to break 'em ...NOT fixing them, so we decided to go with a triple 500/bravo pkg. and to make a long story bareable, learned a little lesson about conservative and big offshore boat not belonging in the same sentence. (This was also B4 XR, XZ, B-max ect.....)
So that winter we swapped the 500/bravo's out for 3 merc 800sc/#5 and have had really good "luck" so far (3 seasons). Now to get back to what I would change.... To be honest I would go with a twin staggered #6 set-up like J.D. (flat deck) and I would probably pass on the A/C and full cabin that we have only used a handfull of times in 4 years.

The Saber is a great performing offshore boat..... needs a little chop to get it scootin right .... the 41 is lighter than the Apache it came from and just as strong if not stronger....same with the 28... definately comes to life with some air under her and from my experience ..... ( i know this phrase gets thrown around alot but...)behaves like a much larger boat..... Either that or Dan B. and I are just that much better @ runnin it than the other guys

I dont know much about the 34 but I'm sure the guys @ Saber can answer all your ? on that ....

I would love to take you for a ride ... you will be pleasantly surprised ... and their shop is right in your back yard.

BTW... there are pics of my boat and Flat decks in the Gallery and Dan's are seen above..... And the other yellow 28 in GH was my first one and I heard the guy is real meticulous.
Old 03-15-2002, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dan , get to work !!!!

Are you following me to Appleby's or what ???
Old 03-16-2002, 12:49 PM
Flat Deck

Default More on 28 SABER'S

Saber,s are all truly custom boats, I had the brothers build my 28
with a pair of 605CI motors, Hubers & #5 Speedmasters, there isn't another 28 on the market that could handle that much hardware and stay together. The impacts on a 28 at 95mph vs.
80mph are exponential. When I had them build my 41' the entire
driveline was removed from the 28 and sold separately. The fact
that I survived that beast is a testament to the strength and
stability of that hull. NO ONE SHOULD HAVE A 28 FOOT OFFSHORE
V BOTTOM CAPABLE OF 100+mph IN REAL OFFSHORE CONDITIONS, THE TEMPTATIONS ARE JUST TOO GREAT!!!

Great construction, classic lines, speed you can use & no
typical gold chain boatbuilder " slime factor " , thats Saber.

Old 03-16-2002, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have only seen one and it was for sale in Grand Haven, MI a couple summers ago. It was a yellow 1994 28' with twin 454's and 396hrs on it. I can't believe I actually keep notes on boats I see Anyway, It was a very nice boat.

Does anyone know the address of Saber?

Quick Reply: Saber Boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.