Notices

Lo Jack Alarms

Old 01-22-2009, 11:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Lo Jack Alarms

Anyone though about having the same lo jack thats in cars put hidden in there boats? That way if there stolen and on the road or a warehouse or barn close buy the cops will find it before its cut up or stripped of power. it would be cool if there was a transmiter that could be installed on the drive hidden and that could be in a set of three pieces one for motor/drive inside it wear the bellows is, and a main one for boat. the small ones would have to be 1''x 1'' or 2x2 and the cops could bust these guys for once. I know when my boat is done I just can't leave in a cover garage again to be stripped late at night. I have a cheap alarm in there now motion detector but theres not much to steal its all apart and parts are not there, well just a though and what about a trailer with light weight side panels that lock and the bottom floor would be grated to let water through and the panels could have a quick release if your going for the day to the ramp and leave them home also there on a hinge so you can get at the boat to wash and wax ,I might look into making a homemade one for my boat. I have some drawings already. well what do you think guys should I just stick to custom carpets

Last edited by AIR TIME; 01-22-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:31 PM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

Artie, tell us more about this new trailer and lo=jack LOL
Old 01-22-2009, 11:31 PM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are very close to launching a GPS tracking biz tailored for boat solutions. Geo Fence, SMS phone notificiation, high water alarms, entry alarms etc. Much like systems already availible.

The difference will be cost and ours is targeted more toward motorsports than auto and fleet solutions.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
My boat is kept in my back yard with a privat protection system,,,,just hope he will wake up if someone comes in.
the alarm that works! guards everything!
Attached Thumbnails Lo Jack Alarms-lb035.jpg  
Old 01-23-2009, 08:17 AM
Registered

Dewalt and other companies already make simple units for heavy equipment. Good idea. I'd buy one especially if it discounted my insurance rate.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

I don't want to know where mine is if they steal it!
Old 01-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by In The Pink
Dewalt and other companies already make simple units for heavy equipment. Good idea. I'd buy one especially if it discounted my insurance rate.
I saw the dewalt one its nice, I have to labs that bark at anything that moves in front of my house, but the boat is out back and the night the stuff was stolen it was windy out, so I never went out looking around when they were barking in my bedroom. I'll but up a field of bobwire from the fence to the cover it garage with the new lights.