Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Detroit Boat Show Feb. 14-22 at Cobo Center. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/201946-detroit-boat-show-feb-14-22-cobo-center.html)

SmurfOnABoat 01-22-2009 07:31 AM

Detroit Boat Show Feb. 14-22 at Cobo Center.

Just wondering if anyone will be venturing to the Boat show at Cobo Center next month?

AB From Windsor 01-22-2009 07:50 AM

If it is like it has been for many years now, with no performance boats. Then I won't be attending.

Wahoo ATV 01-22-2009 08:08 AM

It has become a Pontoon Show.

SmurfOnABoat 01-22-2009 09:58 AM

Wow... this is funny. I live in Detroit yet I haven't been to the show in years, I had no idea that they don't show many powerboats there now. That sucks.

Well I will probably go on the first weekend, and let you guys know if there is anything worth looking at.

Wahoo ATV 01-22-2009 10:16 AM

They have powerboats, but no performance boats. Bayliners and Sea Rays

NKissau 01-22-2009 01:42 PM

Horrible show. Bunch of tire kickers and kids running around everywhere. Even if you were a serious buyer, it's almost impossible to get up close or spend alone time in a boat. Unless you went during the week. No performance boats though. Last year there was one Formula Fastech and a Magic deckboat. Couple of Baja's too. Nothing special. It's too bad, because there are a lot of perfomance boaters in our area.

SmurfOnABoat 01-22-2009 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by NKissau (Post 2783643)
Horrible show. Bunch of tire kickers and kids running around everywhere. Even if you were a serious buyer, it's almost impossible to get up close or spend alone time in a boat. Unless you went during the week. No performance boats though. Last year there was one Formula Fastech and a Magic deckboat. Couple of Baja's too. Nothing special. It's too bad, because there are a lot of perfomance boaters in our area.

Yeah, I went to the show at Metro Beach this past summer, and there was nothing except 2 or 3 Baja's and that one Formula Fasttech 38' PR Edition. I was very disappointed.

johnny b good 01-22-2009 06:22 PM

I have gone almost every year to the Metro Beach and Cobo shows for the last 15 years or so and it seems they have been going down hill as far as performance boats go since early 2000. The home town boys of Sunsation don't even show up anymore! I will probably reluctantly go again this year, but more as a social outing with some friends to eat and drink and do something if there isn't nothing better to do.

fountainracing65 01-23-2009 01:26 AM

I was told Michael Vorse was going to be there giving people advice on how to buy a yacht for free using someone elses identity. Its a 2 part seminar actualy second part was how to commit bank fraud to purchase your new performance boat.

boatme 01-23-2009 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by fountainracing65 (Post 2784167)
I was told Michael Vorse was going to be there giving people advice on how to buy a yacht for free using someone elses identity. Its a 2 part seminar actualy second part was how to commit bank fraud to purchase your new performance boat.

Funny thing about that statement -- When i was managing his marina and we went to Sunsation to take them on as their west Michigan Dealer
Mike Vorce and I stopped at the Detroit Boat show and did a quick walk through

This thread reminded me of that day

Man was i rubbing ebows with a dirt bag or what??

Had I known then what we all know now woooooow alot of things make sense today that did not back then

and some things i was asking Mike about back then now make perfect sense

He was so slippery you had to wash your hand after shaking Mikes hand amazing

Looks like he is finaly going to get some type of prison time