Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How many Lk St Clair regulars do we have on this board? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/20214-how-many-lk-st-clair-regulars-do-we-have-board.html)

tmager 03-19-2002 05:20 PM

Milord, 20th or 27th sounds good to me for the next get together. I was given thought to gettin' some beer and going over to the barn to sit in the boat and dream about the times to come this summer. Buying a boat in September makes winter way toooo long. Speaking of beaching it, I did learn the hard way my last time out last year that, hey, its pretty damn shallow on the lake side of gull island. I have been going to that damn place for the last 12 years, but used my 20 foot Hydrostream which draws practicallly no water , no damage to the Sunsation, just the humiliation of having to get out and push it off.

MikeStar 03-19-2002 08:05 PM

Hey hey Advantage_Rob!

Think the Mrs and I were by your place today - is the Advantage shrinkwrapped on the trailer in the driveway? And the cat is down the road a piece?

We went for a little drive out to Algonac, checked out Sassy, etc.

diveboy 03-19-2002 08:11 PM

Count me in, either the 20thor 27th works well. I hope you guys don't mind a newbie showing up, I'll buy the first round!

Augh!!!! Wait, let me rephrase that: I'll buy the first round if less than 4 people show up! :p

Jon

ViciousOne 03-19-2002 11:02 PM

Rob, How much water is in front of the tin fish? If I dont have the back of the deck cut out of the cat maybe I'll take her too the next get together.

mcollinstn 03-20-2002 12:42 AM

st clair? DOesn't Neptunus have a boat factory on St. Clair? Been wanting to go there and see how they build 'em there - been looking at the 56' Hardtop Express...

mike

Milord 03-20-2002 08:11 AM

Ok guys, let's go for the 27th of April, the later the better if some of us want to come by boat. Now the Tin Fish or Beach Grill? I think we can dock at the Beach Grill but not at the Tin Fish. Maybe I'm wrong. What do you guys think.

Oh diveboy, you're on for the first round! :D

Advantage_Rob 03-20-2002 08:38 AM

Tin fish has about 2 1/2-3' of water right at the wall, and in the docks there is 3-4 at the back there your props are. So It shouldnt be a big deal if anyone comes by boat. It does get shallow (4') abiut 100-150 yards out, but if you use common sence, come off plane early, and idle in with the drives up, it's fine. We go in there all the time in 35-40 offshores w/speedmaster drives and are fine to park in the docks.

MikeStar that's the white shrink wrapped Advantage, and the cat in the clear shrinkwrap at offshores. Depressing isn't it... Not long now though:D :D I cant wait...

Playn 03-20-2002 08:44 AM

If someone wants to put it together I'm fired up for a get together in April. :D It doesn't matter where it is...I don't know any of the places mentioned anyway, but im sure i can find it:D

Milord 03-20-2002 09:05 AM

Ok, it's posted in the OSO Gatherings forum.

audacity 03-20-2002 09:22 AM

that sucks...i have to race in daytona that weekend...how about the next....o-well....i'll cya out there!