Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ice & Snow (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/202258-ice-snow.html)

Quicksilver 01-27-2009 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by daredevil (Post 2787594)
As some of you guys know ,,i live in South FL . Right now i am up in Kentucky and hell don't ask me what i do here,,,,,,i just hope to be home by saturday again.
5 inches snow and UGLY cold up here.:mad:

Just chatting with a friend in KY right now lol. Said he's moving down asap, he's sick of the weather.

AB From Windsor 01-28-2009 07:49 AM

It's hasn't stop snowing since 2 AM. So much for global warming.

mmareno 01-28-2009 08:07 AM

Well this time they got it right... 3 inches of snow.. Then Rain by 6am... Now it is a iced mess. The state forgot to plug in the snow plows.. I have only seen a few this AM.. I guess with budget cuts they got to come in two hours late to like the schools..

Jupiter Sunsation 01-28-2009 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by OkieTunnel (Post 2787492)
But...i was just in Ft. Lauderdale 2 weeks ago and for the first time in my life I really thought about moving. Winter sucks more every year!

A few Oklahoma facts for you:
1. We cant win a bowl game!
2. USC and Florida do win bowl games

I am traveling to San Diego Friday and probably will want to move there also. In the mean time both coasts are on my #hit list! :drink:

My sister grew up in S. FL and married a Westpoint grad so she has lived near army bases in the mid-west for the last 5+ years (Lawton,OK and Leavenworth, KS come to mind). She said it is a lot less hassle/stressful living in the midwest. People are nicer, things are cheaper and life is much simpler in general. She said she would never move back to S. FL (this coming from a kid who got a Mercedes for her first car). She still has nice stuff but doesn't miss the competitiveness of S. FL.

amx1972 01-28-2009 09:19 AM

Awwwww Man

13 inches 2weeks ago and now another 6 to 10 inches today up here in North East Ohio. Great Lakes Hell. Its only Great for the Polar Bears up here. Thank God for a heated Polebarn I can still go out and and love up the boat on the trailer. No need for a frig or ice I got plenty outside the door to keep the Beers cold:ernaehrung004:

Ona-Mission 01-28-2009 09:58 AM

Today is warmer then the last few weeks. 20deg. Have a total of more then 1 ft. of snow on the ground now and it's still coming. I have had enough of Michigan winters! We will meet all you Fl. boaters in late November. Have a few beers on ice for us when we get there.

Tampa38 01-28-2009 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Ona-Mission (Post 2787760)
Today is warmer then the last few weeks. 20deg. Have a total of more then 1 ft. of snow on the ground now and it's still coming. I have had enough of Michigan winters! We will meet all you Fl. boaters in late November. Have a few beers on ice for us when we get there.

I moved from Michigan 5 years ago and have no regrets, as soon as I opened the Florida office, it was the beginning of the end.

Right now it's cooling down into the 70's, hit 80 this afternoon.

Do feel a little bad for you guys, this winter has been brutal.

T38

Ona-Mission 01-28-2009 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tampa38 (Post 2788070)
I moved from Michigan 5 years ago and have no regrets, as soon as I opened the Florida office, it was the beginning of the end.

Right now it's cooling down into the 70's, hit 80 this afternoon.

Do feel a little bad for you guys, this winter has been brutal.

T38

Exactly what I am trying to do. Open up down there, sell businesses here (thats gunna be the tuff part). At least for now I'll keep the businesses going here during the summer months and work there during the winter.

Tampa38 01-28-2009 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ona-Mission (Post 2788166)
Exactly what I am trying to do. Open up down there, sell businesses here (thats gunna be the tuff part). At least for now I'll keep the businesses going here during the summer months and work there during the winter.

What kind of business? Just curious.

T38

AB From Windsor 01-28-2009 08:53 PM

Snow Removal.