Approx Value of 31' Scarab... >

Approx Value of 31' Scarab...

Notices

Approx Value of 31' Scarab...

Old 01-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Approx Value of 31' Scarab...

I am looking at this scarab for sale, its a 1996 31' Scarab with twin mercury 500's. The boat is very very clean, with 200 hours, has trailer, potty, sink, fridge, beefed up stereo, all interior is nice condition. Triple axle trailer... I am sure I am forgetting things...

Its up for 35K. I know alot of things play into the value of the boat, just looking for a guesstimate value.

It seems like a good deal, but I am sure you guys know much more than I do.

BTW, I am Scott. I have been browsing these boards for a long time, not too long ago I finally made an account, and now I am posting for the first time. I have learned many things from you guys, and hope to learn more in the future.

This will be my first "serious" power boat.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of options out there. some want to sell at a great price some dont. Got pics?
Old 01-21-2009, 03:25 PM

Seems like a fair deal if the boat is in good condition. Plan on replacing the Valve springs at min as soon as you buy it, asuming they have not been replaced. Pretty rock solid first performance boat. For a first performance boat I would reccomend a 24-29 single engine stock motor boat, but we all make our own decisions.

WILL
Old 01-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
Seems like a fair deal if the boat is in good condition. Plan on replacing the Valve springs at min as soon as you buy it, asuming they have not been replaced. Pretty rock solid first performance boat. For a first performance boat I would reccomend a 24-29 single engine stock motor boat, but we all make our own decisions.

WILL

I just sold my 28 Checkmate Convincor with a 502. Before that I had a 25' Baja Outlaw with a 454. And I started with a 19ft bayliner with an outboard...

I just mean this is going to be my first serious offshore boat, first twin engine boat. Not my first boat.

I am in the market for a newer bigger boat.

And shortly after I get my new boat, whether it be this one or another, I will be attending Tres and Brads performance boat school... I know this and that, but not enough to be taking friends and family out on the lake at high speeds.

Going through the motor should be no problem. I am a master mechanic (not marine) but I know my chevy's, not to mention I am a street racer, so I have built my fair share of motors. Good to know to check the springs... I may know car motors, but I have no idea what is a common failure on these engines put in a marine environment.

I look forward to learning a lot of valuable information from this website, and hope to possibly run boats with you guys someday!

Last edited by SmurfOnABoat; 01-21-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like a good price. BTW I love my boat.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Old 01-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
For a first performance boat I would reccomend a 24-29 single engine stock motor boat, but we all make our own decisions.

WILL

Why? I wish I had bought the boat I have now as my first one. I would have saved a ton of money and aggravation. My buddy bought a 36 Outlaw with 500's as his first boat. Most of us end up upgrading anyway and with the market like it is it's going to be harder to sell a 20-26 and then try to upgrade. That's my thinking anyway.

This sounds like a good deal (pending survey of course).
Old 01-21-2009, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
Why? I wish I had bought the boat I have now as my first one. I would have saved a ton of money and aggravation. My buddy bought a 36 Outlaw with 500's as his first boat. Most of us end up upgrading anyway and with the market like it is it's going to be harder to sell a 20-26 and then try to upgrade. That's my thinking anyway.

This sounds like a good deal (pending survey of course).
To clarify, this is not his first fast boat so sounds like a great step. , for Smurfonagixxer.

Why, a 24-29 for a first well lets see how many mistakes do new boaters make, compound that with how expensive it will be with twin motors. Not to mention, 30+ usually means harder to dock, bigger truck to haul, more expensive to store, more expensive to run, Not to mention how much harder to trailer, Humm yes we all want to put first time boaters in a 90mph rocket. I have seen many guys get turned off from boating simply because they jump into a boat that was just too much boat for their experience. But again everyone makes their own decisions, were all adults.

WILL
Old 01-21-2009, 10:20 PM
Registered

Old 01-21-2009, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

wow, beautiful looking boat, good luck with the purchase!

Quick Reply: Approx Value of 31' Scarab...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.