Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boats For Sale in the Classifieds...... >

Boats For Sale in the Classifieds......

Notices

Boats For Sale in the Classifieds......

Old 02-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boats For Sale in the Classifieds......

Cruising the classifieds ... mainly to check my listing. I noticed that the total boats listed are down?????? From approximately 1250 (+ or - ) a few, to 744. That's down 40%...it has me baffled. Anyone with any input? No one selling, I know it's because no one is buying. But boats are being bought and sold every day.....just not as many
Old 02-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Banks are getting extremely picky on the people they will loan $$$ to
Old 02-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

people wont pay for ad when they know they will get anywhere near what they NEED to get out...

if u financed 99% chance u r upsidedown for alot
Old 02-02-2009, 01:24 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Its winter. Next to nothing is selling an dteh market sucks. No reason to spend money advertising. There will be a lot more ads in couple months.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:43 AM
Registered

All of you have excellent and great points....but still I have been watching the number of boats on this site that have been for sale....and even though it is winter (for us northerners) the numbers are down. Which is in conjunction with the world around us.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:58 AM
RHC
Registered

I think IB just cleaned up the add's , if your time frame was up they took out the add untill you re-newed it , and because of all the above reason's ,many have not re-upped !!

In other words==== no more freebies--

RHC
Old 02-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Registered

If it is not priced to give it away people are not going to sell and take a loss.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by enticer
Cruising the classifieds ... mainly to check my listing. I noticed that the total boats listed are down?????? From approximately 1250 (+ or - ) a few, to 744. That's down 40%...it has me baffled. Anyone with any input? No one selling, I know it's because no one is buying. But boats are being bought and sold every day.....just not as many
Jim,

I would guess a lot of folks are like me and in a "HOLD PATTERN".

I would lose too much if I sold in this market. There are not many buyers from what I see because most are just like me they would like a great deal but they have a boat they would have to sell first. After you factor the loss on your boat the new one is not such a good deal. Add the fact that most dealers do not want any trades and like me I think many are happy with what they have and just riding out this slow economy for better times.

I sure wish had filled up the boat with 93 before it went back over $2.00 per gallon.

Doc
Old 02-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Registered

I would rather own my boat than sell it for what the market will pay now.

Same for my house. There are hardly any houses for sale in my town, so I think many others feel the same.

What else would I buy? I don't want to live without a house or a boat.

I'm waiting, not done.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

IB also raised the dealer pricing for advertising significantly causing some dealers to stop advertising here. Under Steve OSO charged a dealer $3600 a year for the banner ad and all the boats they want to advertise for free. Now that rate is 40% higher for a site some could argue is not as good as when Steve owned it/ has less paying members.

Quick Reply: Boats For Sale in the Classifieds......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.