Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   snow damage and my dock (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/202382-snow-damage-my-dock.html)

bux69nova 01-30-2009 07:40 AM

Thats sux... This thread is making me go check on my cruiser in the marina...lol

BAJA WILL 01-30-2009 09:28 AM

Didn't it happen there before?? Like at the same marina??? If that is so, why did the owners not upgrade?? If I was their insurance company I would be PISSED.

36Tango 01-30-2009 10:25 AM

There were thousands of slips and boats damaged a couple of years ago with a similar winter storm at Lake of the Ozarks. Insurance claims were a real mess, as some policies did not cover certain issues, and of course many needed "riders" that they did not have. At the very least, it is a good thing to remind everybody to check policies. Our covered slip was covered by one insurance, and the boat (it was totalled) was covered by another insurance company. We were much luckier than alot of folks. There were several 40+ foot crusiers that sunk with all of the weight on them.

Good luck with your process.

Sea-Dated 01-30-2009 11:01 AM

Awful....

At least your boat ws not on the lift when this happened.....

32fever 01-30-2009 11:37 AM

Sorry to hear that, Jerry. Well, if you get a new dock, that might not be all bad. Are they planning on rebuilding for this season?

FCMarine 01-30-2009 11:47 AM

That is a mess. We had our boat and dock get totaled out at the Ozarks with the same situation. Im assuming that your boat was out of the water at the time? If not I am very sorry because that boat is just amazing. Best of luck to you.

Strip Poker 388 01-30-2009 01:09 PM

Note to self snow no fun up north,but fun in the south.

That would suck:(

Sydwayz 01-30-2009 05:45 PM

It seems like it happens every year at some midwestern lake, and folks are just as surprised as ever each time. I don't get it. I wouldn't think of leaving my boat over the water over the winter in ANY kind of lift/slip/floating/piling/elevator etc. etc.

US1 Fountain 01-30-2009 06:09 PM

We had a storm in '04 that dumped a couple feet on the roof tops and took out several docks and lot of boats. Those were then replaced that summer. We had not so much as a snow flake on our dock as it sets 90* to the rest of the docks, so we didn't get blowing wind build up of snow the rest did. It's our turn now. Our dock serves as the break and can be seen in the back of middle pic here, so I'm sure it will be a high priority to get replaced. Otherwise the whole marina will be rocking from the waves. Once these docks are replaced, be a brand new marina. I imagine their ins. ain't too happy.

My boat is sitting nice and warm in my garage.

'04 damage;

trips2win 01-30-2009 08:51 PM

that sucks, sorry to here ice is the enemy seen that first hand