Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Any New Innovative Ideas? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/20239-any-new-innovative-ideas.html)

glassdave 03-17-2002 02:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
tomcat- i believe the merc sage drive has the ability to travel up and down several inches changing the x dim. in fact they go in and out to. dont quite know how one would go about get'n a pair though :cool:

puder 03-17-2002 02:35 AM

glassdave those are merc drives??? I though they were the wiesmans?

puder 03-17-2002 04:48 AM

i know the cyborg trannies are the **** (for all you old foggies that is a compliment) and can handle most power.

BUT i hear the torque v12s seems to be snappign everythign they hook them up to. How about a new tranny that can handle the power but doesn't rob like 20% of the HP and wiegh 500lbs.

anybody working on soemthign like that?

Ron P 03-17-2002 08:40 AM

Those are SAGE drives. See Skaterfest at www.darrensoffshorephotos.homestead.com for more photos and details.

shifter 03-17-2002 01:00 PM

Puder,
We can make anything you need. We have some prototype transmissions that we will be trying soon, 1250 ft lbs of torque F-n-r it weighs 125 lbs. Along with that we have a new drive that we will be running soon that will eat torqs for breakfast, It also weighs only 315 lbs. Then we can talk multi speeds..... :D :D
Ron P is that Will Smiths boat in the avitar you have?
pat W
catman, make sure that detecter is for women only!!!!:D

tomcat 03-17-2002 01:49 PM

glassdave - Looks like you're right. The base of the steering rams is not a fixed point but a bar with at least 4" of travel. I saw the drive before but never noticed that. Cool! Now if Sage can make an extension box that will take Bravo drives and do this. Length will have to be considerable to have decent U-joint angles.

Ron P 03-17-2002 05:37 PM

Shifter, that is my old Phantom Mr Technology at the 1995 worlds in Key West. Will Smith was my navigator and crew chief. Today, Will and I are good friends.

Mrgoodwrench 03-17-2002 07:22 PM

My idea is a closed cooling system for innercoolers. Something similiar to an A/C evaperator. The evap would be near 30 degrees, cooling the air charge from the blower. One problem is the condensation on the evap would go into the engine. If it was possible to maintain a temp where there was no condensation you could pack the engine with cooler dense air, and lots more HP!!

shifter 03-18-2002 01:16 AM

Ron P,
I hought that paint job looked like the one on his business card. Is that the same boat I saw with 5ft extention boxes and #5s a couple of years back? Do you still race? I saw boats that used compressed air to try to decrease drag I don't think that it worked to well. I saw those vents on the Extreem also. From what I have seen you need wetted suface for turns. Steps should decrease towards the chines for better stability in turns. I think..
catman,sorry dude, you left yourself wide open.:D :D :D
tom cat, There were a couple of boats that I know of that had tunnel flaps. Kaama cat of betty cook had a front wing that would close off the tunnel.(no good) #7 from Victory team had a full front wing that had an adjustable flap. (worked ok could have done better) Caseraggi of Monaco had the same thing in his boat to kill lift.(he stuffed and died-not good at all) Upper surface lift is very important. Skater is discovering that. They are starting ti look like the other fast boats. Assagi, I think that was his big downfall.
pat W
I have always wanted to build a tri-hull. Real wings instead of flying TR-7s, very low profile. I built a model about 7 years ago. We are running the driveline concept in Ettore. Someday I hope to finish the rest.
pat W :)

shifter 03-18-2002 02:42 AM

I would like to but I am barely able to type. The only thing I do with a computer is fire it up and design with it. If you ever make it to Cali I will show it to you.
pat W:cool:
Thanks for the visual before I go to sleep.:rolleyes: