Notices

Any New Innovative Ideas?

Old 11-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

didn't read six pages to see if it has been mentioned...but I've always wondered about port and starboard bow canards..tiny (under 8cu ft.) of computer/gyro controlled wings that keep the attitude of the boat from kiting/flipping. say flat to 15 degree of rotation on the axis of the boat...won't torpedo back down but will try to stop over rotation (nose coming up past 15 degrees (for cats)

the boats are already flying anyways...anything over 70mph and you can take off anytime....

fwiw

b

edit: ahh...canards search didn't pull anything but wings did....

Last edited by bounce; 11-16-2011 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bounce
didn't read six pages to see if it has been mentioned...but I've always wondered about port and starboard bow canards..tiny (under 8cu ft.) of computer/gyro controlled wings that keep the attitude of the boat from kiting/flipping. say flat to 15 degree of rotation on the axis of the boat...won't torpedo back down but will try to stop over rotation (nose coming up past 15 degrees (for cats)

the boats are already flying anyways...anything over 70mph and you can take off anytime....

fwiw

b

edit: ahh...canards search didn't pull anything but wings did....
I used them for years on my 10 Meter Cats.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

i had this idea of using magnets in a boat cover...

if a manufacturer (OL, Formula, Cigarette, etc) built small strips of metal into the fiberglass along the cowling, sides, and rear...then a cover can be stuck on using magnets instead of stupid buttons. it would look a lot cleaner, wouldnt have to worry about rusting buttons (pulling out the fiberglass)...
Old 11-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2
i had this idea of using magnets in a boat cover...

if a manufacturer (OL, Formula, Cigarette, etc) built small strips of metal into the fiberglass along the cowling, sides, and rear...then a cover can be stuck on using magnets instead of stupid buttons. it would look a lot cleaner, wouldnt have to worry about rusting buttons (pulling out the fiberglass)...
Great idea and actually wouldn't be hard to retro! Instead of metal in the glass I think another magnet would work better? Wonder if the magnets would be strong enough for a trailerable cockpit cover? Would need to use some of those rare earth magnets!!

I like it though