Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Beware of Circuit City's Bait & Switch  !!! >

Beware of Circuit City's Bait & Switch !!!

Notices

Beware of Circuit City's Bait & Switch !!!

Old 01-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the $14 dollar bump was the deal buster for you eh.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:29 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Back4More
So the $14 dollar bump was the deal buster for you eh.
Not so much the money, but where they think they can get away with charging more than they have it advertised for (like no one would even notice) really ticks me off !

I really can live without the upgrade on the monitor. I may just save a little more and get a LCD TV with a PC input. For the little bit of difference in price, at least it can double for a TV too!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 01-30-2009, 11:32 PM
Registered

You are much better off buying electronics on line. People like to think they are getting the best price at Circuit City or Best Buy, but that is rarely the case.

Here's a couple of sites to use:

http://www.mysimon.com/

http://www.pricegrabber.com/

Plus you usually save yourself the tax and depending on where you buy from, some companies have free shipping.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:54 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

It's obvious that Circuit City is run by a bunch of idiots.... They JUST finished a brand new store on Route 22 in North Plainfield, NJ... When I tell you finished, I mean like, all they had to do was bring in the merchandise and place it on the shelves. It even looked like they rushed the construction to be ready for this Christmas... Had to cost well over $1 million to retrofit the building.... Needless to say, it never opened....
Old 01-31-2009, 05:44 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

http://www.newegg.com/Store/Category...&name=Monitors
Old 01-31-2009, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phragle
another popular trick, they all advertise they will beat anyprice on an identicle item or it's free, or if you find it advertised cheaper somewhere else after you bought it they will refund the diff for 30 days etc.. most of the bigger places get a lot of stuff thats 'unique' to that chain, a very slight deviation from the other place but it's still a diff. mfg part # so you will never find the same thing cheaper as they are the only one that has it.
Thats an old ABC warehouse trick. They have tons of models that are exclusive to them.

I hate that!!!
Old 01-31-2009, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Be careful of the so called 0% financing deals to. Bought an $1800.00 dollar computer at Best Buy a few days before Christmas. I received my first bill Jan 18th that was due Feb 2nd and it had a late charge and interest. They said I never paid my Jan 2nd bill. I sent them a check for the price of the purchase and told them to stick the rest of the bill up-t-a$$
Old 01-31-2009, 06:09 PM
Registered

Red face

Originally Posted by maxonmike
It's obvious that Circuit City is run by a bunch of idiots.... They JUST finished a brand new store on Route 22 in North Plainfield, NJ... When I tell you finished, I mean like, all they had to do was bring in the merchandise and place it on the shelves. It even looked like they rushed the construction to be ready for this Christmas... Had to cost well over $1 million to retrofit the building.... Needless to say, it never opened....
in mass they opened a new store in sept 08 and yes TVs were cheaper this week at sears and BB
Old 01-31-2009, 08:31 PM
Are we having fun, yet?
Charter Member

I was given a HP printer for Christmas that was purchased at CC. It wasn't the model that I wanted so I took it back to exchange it. They didn't have the one I wanted, but assured me that I had until the end of January to return it or exchange it. I went back on the 30th and they told me there was nothing they could do because they had been taken over by the liqidator. Now, I have a printer that I really don't want.
That Sucks.....

Just to add a little more to the info already shared. A lady was purchasing a flat screen tv and asked the cashier, "if this thing doesn't work, I can bring it back, right?". She was told all sales are final and no returns at all. If it doesn't work, she would have to take it up with Sony......
Old 02-01-2009, 10:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Gizmo
I was given a HP printer for Christmas that was purchased at CC. It wasn't the model that I wanted so I took it back to exchange it. They didn't have the one I wanted, but assured me that I had until the end of January to return it or exchange it. I went back on the 30th and they told me there was nothing they could do because they had been taken over by the liqidator. Now, I have a printer that I really don't want.
That Sucks.....

Just to add a little more to the info already shared. A lady was purchasing a flat screen tv and asked the cashier, "if this thing doesn't work, I can bring it back, right?". She was told all sales are final and no returns at all. If it doesn't work, she would have to take it up with Sony......
phuck them I would of stepped out of line and out the door. sears and bb will match there prices cause I found them lower at sears anyway.

Quick Reply: Beware of Circuit City's Bait & Switch !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.