Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   It's been a while but have a new story!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/202443-its-been-while-but-have-new-story.html)

BobbyB 01-31-2009 07:54 AM

Great job you did Gino. It sucks you cant keep the cat. But its a great thing helping out the cat.

7xchamp 01-31-2009 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by BobbyB (Post 2789850)
Great job you did Gino. It sucks you cant keep the cat. But its a great thing helping out the cat.

Gino !!! WOW what a story of humanity, you should get an award. You are absolutly the best, It is a pleasure to be your friend, thanks as always for your contributions to our sport/hobby/business.

WMF 01-31-2009 08:33 AM

I will take her, I can keep her at my shop with my other cats, but I am in Delaware, so if you cant find a home for her down there let me know!!!

TOASTY 01-31-2009 08:38 AM

thats good stuff...more people should be like that! i do that all the time with sea guls and other birds and animals. Usually take them to the marine stranding center.

wheres the vid of the cop writing the tic..can u post a link?

RHC 01-31-2009 09:34 AM

:drink: So Gino, just buy her a house of her own and get her a nanny, U can visit the nanny on weekend's and ask her how her ------is doing!!

Good job bud ! Caring is always good.

RHC

AB From Windsor 01-31-2009 09:41 AM

Great story Gino and shows a lot of compassion, where others would of euthanized the cat to put it out of its misery. Sorry to hear that you got injured and sick while trying to do a good deed. Seriously I was waiting for some kind of a different story ending with something about the Cat killer 's Revenge. I was wrong, never thought that it was a true story till I got to the end. Hope that you and the you saved fully recover.

SkiDoc 01-31-2009 12:29 PM

Gino,
Very nice! Tell your doctor you would like to carry an Epi Pen, if you had this severe of a reaction, you need to keep one near by. It could save your life.

Reckless32 01-31-2009 01:08 PM

Wow amazing story. I can honestly say I would not have done what you did. Throw in the allergic reaction and medical expenses and it's definitely over the top....Great example to take away for us all.

LubeJobs42 01-31-2009 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by WMF (Post 2789868)
I will take her, I can keep her at my shop with my other cats, but I am in Delaware, so if you cant find a home for her down there let me know!!!

Thank you! The nurse from the vet said she might keep her as she is so sweet and may need some attention for a while. She is about 3 months old and weighs 3 pounds. I named her Lucky but the nurse was calling her Gina. I asked where she got Gina from and she because you can't call a lilttle girl kitten Gino. I thought that was very sweet. I will let you know if she dosen't take her. I guess there is going to be some rehabilitation time.

LubeJobs42 01-31-2009 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by TOASTY (Post 2789873)
thats good stuff...more people should be like that! i do that all the time with sea guls and other birds and animals. Usually take them to the marine stranding center.

wheres the vid of the cop writing the tic..can u post a link?

Here is the link. I really got a lot of negative reactions when I posted it. Many people thought the guy was out of line driving 100 miles per hour. Mean while it was very late at night and the highway was pretty much emptey except for a few truckers. When it comes to animals I am very passionate- it is one of my biggest faults. If I was the guy in the video and it was one of my 3 boys dying, The cop would have had to have shot me to keep me there. But thats just me. I know laws are in place for a reason, you can't risk human lives for animals and all those other good reasons. I'm simply posting the video because i was asked to.
:hitfan::party-smiley-004::party-smiley-004:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-dTSxpZiAI