Notices

Swim Platforms

Old 03-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Swim Platforms

Just a question..

I have an Ocean Express Cat 38' ..........10'-8" Beam..

I have the Arneson Drives on the back.. They stick out 4' or more.. I have No platform now.. But was thinking?

What does everyone think about a platform on the back. I am thinking because of docking. If I need to have someone go to the back the only thing they can stand on is the engine hatch..

I like the look with out.. Then I think... for Docking in a tight area would it be nice to have the 2 more feet over the drives??

Opinions Please!!

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails Swim Platforms-028.jpg  
Old 03-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They added one to my NT because the guy who built it new rafted up a lot and hung out in the water alot. They put it right above the water line, it works great you would have to try to get into the props, it adds protection to the boat, but the best thing is since it's right on the water you don't need a ladder to get in. NT has done it many times since at first I tought adding a platform to a boat with a built in one already would look funny but as long as it's done right they look good.

Since you don't have any I would build a nice rounded one that is about 3 feet out in the middle and 2.5 on the ends, that way as wide as your boat is people could swim up to the middle without danger of the props. and still be able to see them when getting into the water and you will be able to see the props when you dont want to get in the water. I have seen people jump onto sharpe clever props with nice soft wet skin it aint pretty.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

True, much safer hiding the props. I too considered a tubular platform but the added weight in the wrong place on my cat would mean less rough water ability due to the additional weight on the air pack.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 2,972 Likes on 982 Posts

Call Kevin at www.westcoastoffshoreunlimited.com He builds platforms for many of the major boat companies and will make you what ever you need/want. Talk to him about some of the custom stuff he builds. polished billet, powder coat, bar style, flat style, CNC anything into the platform. Anything you can imagine he can do.

510-445-1047
Old 03-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Registered

Thanks I will call.. Anyone got any good pics of a platform on a boat?

Post em if you got them please..

Looking for Cat pics with Swim Platforms

Last edited by mmareno; 03-01-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

I always liked these...would look good over each drive.
Attached Thumbnails Swim Platforms-phantom-1.jpg  

Last edited by jdub; 03-01-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

Not on a cat, but this is the platform I had custom made for my AT. It is also very light weight. Probably 50# at most.
Attached Thumbnails Swim Platforms-pa170087-large-.jpg  
Old 03-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
Call Kevin at www.westcoastoffshoreunlimited.com He builds platforms for many of the major boat companies and will make you what ever you need/want. Talk to him about some of the custom stuff he builds. polished billet, powder coat, bar style, flat style, CNC anything into the platform. Anything you can imagine he can do.

510-445-1047

I sent them an email.. One of there pics is of a guy in DE with an Active Thunder I know.. I will check with him.. I can't seem to find any pics of platforms on any Catamarans.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 2,972 Likes on 982 Posts

Originally Posted by mmareno
I sent them an email.. One of there pics is of a guy in DE with an Active Thunder I know.. I will check with him.. I can't seem to find any pics of platforms on any Catamarans.
I don't have any pics of cats myself but I'm sure Kevin can send you some. He does platforms for Nor-Tech regularly.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Registered

I checked every Cat on OSO for sale.. and Not one has one...

Figures when you want to see something... It never works... When you don't 200 will drive by you....

Quick Reply: Swim Platforms

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.