Internal flapper exhaust tips >

Internal flapper exhaust tips

Notices

Internal flapper exhaust tips

Old 02-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Internal flapper exhaust tips

Who makes the best? Who stands behind their product the best? I want to remove my Corsa muffled tips. I've got Captains Choice but want more noise when open. It's only a 7.4MPI but I assume it'll still sound better uncorked. I've read threads about burnt rubber flappers or clanking at idle. I dont know what length I need or wether I want straight or angle cut. They are 4". What do you have and what do you suggest?
Old 02-02-2009, 01:21 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Corsa makes very good tips. The counterweight may knock a little at idle, buts its no big deal.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:15 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Take a look at our website, we have many to choose from, Thanks, Bill 302-521-0123
302-521-0123

The Best Parts & Service At The Best Price
Old 02-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by brwn234
Who makes the best? Who stands behind their product the best? I want to remove my Corsa muffled tips. I've got Captains Choice but want more noise when open. It's only a 7.4MPI but I assume it'll still sound better uncorked. I've read threads about burnt rubber flappers or clanking at idle. I dont know what length I need or wether I want straight or angle cut. They are 4". What do you have and what do you suggest?
Going through the same thing. Ready to be loud! I just want something a lil different also. I can't find anything from corsa but muffled tips. Found these rolled edge tips at Eddie Marine. Thinking seious about them.

http://www.eddiemarine.com/store/car...l&p=11422&c=61
Old 02-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

There are a few fabricators of SS tips out there .What you don't see in the brochures
and online is how these tips are constructed.
You have to ask their specifics when contact them. Some offers seamless tubes some have rolled and welded.Wall thickness varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.Some offers replaceable flaps [ if your waterpump fails the rubber edge that quiets these flaps burn no matter what] with only three screws to be removed to replace , others have permanently welded shafts the flaps pivot on. Better ones with the removable flaps come with bushings with teflon inserts for longer lasting. Don't want to name any manufacturer because of conflict but they're advertisers on most boating forums.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JustMercMe
Going through the same thing. Ready to be loud! I just want something a lil different also. I can't find anything from corsa but muffled tips. Found these rolled edge tips at Eddie Marine. Thinking seious about them.

http://www.eddiemarine.com/store/car...l&p=11422&c=61
I blew out my Eddie Marine tips in one season w/NA 540's.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by spectras only
There are a few fabricators of SS tips out there .What you don't see in the brochures
and online is how these tips are constructed.
You have to ask their specifics when contact them. Some offers seamless tubes some have rolled and welded.Wall thickness varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.Some offers replaceable flaps [ if your waterpump fails the rubber edge that quiets these flaps burn no matter what] with only three screws to be removed to replace , others have permanently welded shafts the flaps pivot on. Better ones with the removable flaps come with bushings with teflon inserts for longer lasting. Don't want to name any manufacturer because of conflict but they're advertisers on most boating forums.

How about Rex Marine? Anybody heard of any problems with them?

http://www.rexmar.com/page230.html
Old 02-13-2009, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Angry

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
I blew out my Eddie Marine tips in one season w/NA 540's.
Me too, Twice!
Old 02-13-2009, 09:29 AM

I have Dana Marine tips & I love them...Very good quality, & the internal flapper can be replaced from outside the boat.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Registered

quick question. I have internal and external flappers. do i need both? would it be ok to take out the internals and just leave the externals?????

Quick Reply: Internal flapper exhaust tips

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.