Sellers:  Do you tire of tirekickers? >

Sellers: Do you tire of tirekickers?

Notices

Sellers: Do you tire of tirekickers?

Old 01-29-2009, 07:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Sellers: Do you tire of tirekickers?

When I was selling the Tiger no matter how many tire kickers I got I treated every call like a buyer with cash in the pocket.

I contacted via email, for price info on a boat that doesn't offer a price. I asked: "do you have a price range your looking to stay within".

Obviously he has a range. I expected he would elaborate by offering the range and perhaps other info.

He responded: "Yes". That was all he had to say about his boat for sale.

If your an arrogant *****, sick of tire kickers, or simply soured by the poor market, get a broker.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With all the boats on the market, just move on. This idiot will be posting on here in six months wondering why he can't sell.

Last edited by Skullkrusher; 01-29-2009 at 08:00 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-29-2009, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i got a lot of somemhat low offers... might have considered one but the boat i wanted DID(edit) sell last monday....
pending some news i get tomorrow regarding a boat... im gonna cancel my ebay auction and use the boat till another boat appears on my radar.... then relist... it appears i can get just 17k- 19k anytime i want out from the emails i got from bidders... just under what i want for the boat

Last edited by dreamer; 01-29-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

There are a number of people posting on this site lately looking for a certain size boat with specific requirements at a low price. They appear to be looking for someone needing to bailout on their boat due to the economy.
I suspect they are all tire kickers.
ed
Old 01-29-2009, 09:08 AM
Registered

As a seller I was lucky enough to sell my last 2 boats to the first people who came and looked, this was a few years ago when the market was better.

As a buyer, I do not call on any boat unless financing is secured and Insurance is not a problem. I do not like wasting peoples time! I am actually friends with the last 2 guys I bought boats from, and friends with the guy who bought my last boat!
Old 01-29-2009, 09:13 AM
Registered

I have so much stuff thatI don't use that I should sell like 30k worth of stuff and I could realy use the $$$ right now in the winter since I work on motorcycles but I just wait till I find somebody that needs it because I hate tire kickers.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by drypipetiger
When I was selling the Tiger no matter how many tire kickers I got I treated every call like a buyer with cash in the pocket.

I contacted via email, for price info on a boat that doesn't offer a price. I asked: "do you have a price range your looking to stay within".

Obviously he has a range. I expected he would elaborate by offering the range and perhaps other info.

He responded: "Yes". That was all he had to say about his boat for sale.

If your an arrogant *****, sick of tire kickers, or simply soured by the poor market, get a broker.
Are we going to see a new boat on Champlain this year?

Jamie
Old 01-29-2009, 09:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've never "needed" to sell. Usually I sell so I can get something "new" to me.

I've had the same experience with "tire kickers": they will say that a boat loan has been pre-approved for a stated range. They "love" the boat and are serious. So I quote a price within their range. Of course they want to go for a test run, which I won't do without a deposit.
....then the excuses start

-not sure if they can get a loan for X dollars
-boat's too old (huh?, it was listed in the ad)
-don't like the seating arrangement (photos in the ad)
-not sure about insurance (check first)
-boat is too fast (or slow)
-make a ridiculous low offer, which I decline and tell them to look for another boat that is more suitable
-then they say "I really want the boat", let me see what I can do with my lender", but then start picking the boat apart again
-yada, yada, yada.

I try to be courteous and will usually sever the "negotiation" at this point.

If a person is serious, they can close quickly. That's happened to me and it was an enjoyable experience (thanks Andy).

Due
Old 01-29-2009, 09:37 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
There are a number of people posting on this site lately looking for a certain size boat with specific requirements at a low price. They appear to be looking for someone needing to bailout on their boat due to the economy.
I suspect they are all tire kickers.
ed
Your suspicions aren't so suspicious.

There has always been that "group", that thinks everyone trying to sell a boat is in a pinch, and will take anything for it. It's like they think they are the ONLY ones with boat money, and therefore they can insult sellers about their boats, and send hysterically low offers on already great deals. The majority of them are STILL boatless, and "looking for a deal", but make fun of sellers that didn't take their "offer".....yet they're still without a boat!

We were recently talking about some of the comments posted last Summer.... ALLLL "they" could talk about was, "I'm going to steal a boat this Fall/Winter when the market gets worse.....I'm ALL over it. Look out, here I come".......now many of those same "buyers" are saying, "Hell no! I'm not buying anything in this economy!! Do you think I'm crazy??"......wtf?? What happened to the plan of bending some guy over when the market goes South......it's pretty much there I'd say?! They'll say, "no, it's going to get lower...", and another year will go by of "talking".

It's always some excuse for these guys, and that's what makes sellers weary of spending a lot of time with emailers, texters, etc. Many expect someone to at least pick up the phone once if they're serious about buying a boat, THEN they can email or whatever.

I agree with using a broker. I'd much prefer paying a commission to not have to deal with it!
Old 01-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamer
i got a lot of somemhat low offers... might have considered one if the boat i wanted didnt sell last monday....
pending some news i get tomorrow regarding a boat... im gonna cancel my ebay auction and use the boat till another boat appears on my radar.... then relist...
Did you get a lot of offers that were dependent on how many Poker Runs in the season there were, how many were past, how many were going to pass while you were thinking about the offer? Perhaps a offer schedule with new offers on the Monday after each Poker Run?

Quick Reply: Sellers: Do you tire of tirekickers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.