Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   UN-REAL accident footage... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/202609-un-real-accident-footage.html)

BLee 02-09-2009 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos (Post 2796027)
Ummmmmm......Stinson and Simon drove one of the first made by Cigarette. Stepped hulls have been around for 50+ years before that. Cigarette just got it wrong on this one.......and Cheng (not Chang) figured he'd get a good deal by buying the salvage. :)

Ummmmmm, :chill-pill:........

You just rewrote exactly what I said for some reason...which was that they drove the first "TS".... TS is the abbrieviated factory model name for the Twin Stepped Cigarettes. I didn't think I needed point that out, but I mistakenly assumed this was common knowledge to anyone that would throw an opinion in on this topic and expect a shred of credibility? I apologize.

I also truly apologize for misspelling Jeffrey's last name when I quickly typed that post, or ever questioning the "possibility" that he or Stinson could have been in a position the boat didn't like. Having 400 hours of my own in a TS (Twin Step Cigarette) with no issues, is one reason I don't quickly pass negative judgment to the builder without first questioning the drivers intentions. Since they got wet, it without question is a "Michael Peters/Cigarette" design flaw, and everyone else that has ever owned or driven one successfully are irrelevant, and should just consider themselves lucky. The vast first hand experience you personally have with these boats should have alerted myself and others to this simple conclusion.

Ummmmmmm, does that make you feel better?

ZP'd 02-09-2009 01:08 PM

Isn't the first thing Tres Martin will teach you is to how to attach a laynard kill switch ???
Yet you still have folks who still think accidents don't happen if you know how to drive a boat. They are ALSO the first ones to ***** and whine about insurance rates skyrocketing, along with more regualtions and laws being put on the books due to "performance boat owner negligence" and outright negligence is what it is when your willing to endanger others well being along with property simply because you think you "know how to drive" and it'd never happen to you.
Had a laynard been worn this would not even be a video worth posting for the whole WWW to see. That is truely sad.

Brad 02-09-2009 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by GLH (Post 2792274)
I've seen a couple Fountains go turtle in the hands of previous jet-ski owners also!

Namely the three climbing one in the Carolinas I think and one on Winnipisakee wipedout 2 hours into it's depreciation life span....

We also have a 35 Fountian that tried to climb over the Lake Murray dam. Boat is now called "On the Rock's"

PhantomChaos 02-09-2009 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by BLee (Post 2796278)
Ummmmmm, :chill-pill:........

You just rewrote exactly what I said for some reason...which was that they drove the first "TS".... TS is the abbrieviated factory model name for the Twin Stepped Cigarettes. I didn't think I needed point that out, but I mistakenly assumed this was common knowledge to anyone that would throw an opinion in on this topic and expect a shred of credibility? I apologize.

I also truly apologize for misspelling Jeffrey's last name when I quickly typed that post, or ever questioning the "possibility" that he or Stinson could have been in a position the boat didn't like. Having 400 hours of my own in a TS (Twin Step Cigarette) with no issues, is one reason I don't quickly pass negative judgment to the builder without first questioning the drivers intentions. Since they got wet, it without question is a "Michael Peters/Cigarette" design flaw, and everyone else that has ever owned or driven one successfully are irrelevant, and should just consider themselves lucky. The vast first hand experience you personally have with these boats should have alerted myself and others to this simple conclusion.

Ummmmmmm, does that make you feel better?

LOL....I'm fine but you seem a bit sensitive about all this. :D :D I believe you rewrote what I had previously written....but that's okay. I will repeat from post 80.....seems more like you have to learn more about the design deficiency and how to work around it, or at least with it. By the way, Cheng and Stinson never took that boat out together.

GB 02-10-2009 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Steve_H (Post 2794410)
They were designed to run offshore, not in a river or lake with blind corners, not that I have a problem with running them anywhere people want to but the first rule of operating any piece of machinery is proper training.

You got to be chittin' me, or maybe yourself... :grinser010: