If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    My Boats:
    31 Jupiter w/ 300 VRods
    Aventura, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by GLH View Post
    I've seen a couple Fountains go turtle in the hands of previous jet-ski owners also!

Namely the three climbing one in the Carolinas I think and one on Winnipisakee wipedout 2 hours into it's depreciation life span....
    We also have a 35 Fountian that tried to climb over the Lake Murray dam. Boat is now called "On the Rock's"

My Boats:
    Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45
    Bell Canyon, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by BLee View Post
    Ummmmmm, ........

You just rewrote exactly what I said for some reason...which was that they drove the first "TS".... TS is the abbrieviated factory model name for the Twin Stepped Cigarettes. I didn't think I needed point that out, but I mistakenly assumed this was common knowledge to anyone that would throw an opinion in on this topic and expect a shred of credibility? I apologize.

I also truly apologize for misspelling Jeffrey's last name when I quickly typed that post, or ever questioning the "possibility" that he or Stinson could have been in a position the boat didn't like. Having 400 hours of my own in a TS (Twin Step Cigarette) with no issues, is one reason I don't quickly pass negative judgment to the builder without first questioning the drivers intentions. Since they got wet, it without question is a "Michael Peters/Cigarette" design flaw, and everyone else that has ever owned or driven one successfully are irrelevant, and should just consider themselves lucky. The vast first hand experience you personally have with these boats should have alerted myself and others to this simple conclusion.

Ummmmmmm, does that make you feel better?
    LOL....I'm fine but you seem a bit sensitive about all this. I believe you rewrote what I had previously written....but that's okay. I will repeat from post 80.....seems more like you have to learn more about the design deficiency and how to work around it, or at least with it. By the way, Cheng and Stinson never took that boat out together.

My Boats:
    Donzi 22C MDG 600 (sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_H View Post
    They were designed to run offshore, not in a river or lake with blind corners, not that I have a problem with running them anywhere people want to but the first rule of operating any piece of machinery is proper training.
    You got to be chittin' me, or maybe yourself...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789