Notices

miami boat show

Old 01-30-2009, 06:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default miami boat show

Is a boat show a good place to buy parts? do the seller normally offer show discounts? I only know about the european boat shows, which are much smaller than in the US.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:35 AM
TCG
Registered
Platinum Member

I went last year, and I know some vendors were offering "great" deals on waxs and trailer hitches that I was looking at.
Miami show is HUGE.
Todd
Old 01-30-2009, 11:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff P31
Is there any place to stay near the show that will not cost a million with out having to sleep on the beach ? Hate to drive all the way there and have to sleep in my truck. Thanks, Jeff

stay in Ft Laud half the price 45 min away..
Old 01-30-2009, 11:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TCG
I went last year, and I know some vendors were offering "great" deals on waxs and trailer hitches that I was looking at.
Miami show is HUGE.
Todd
All Leverage products were reduced for the show..and as of now all Leverage products are ECO FRIENDLY.. Come talk to us at the show...if we can help you out with product or detailing questions dont hesitate to call. Thanks. Jeff
Old 01-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

What kind of parts are you looking to buy?

Expect some dealing on big ticket items; like if you are dropping at LEAST $1000 US. (motors, full trim tab systems, full gauge package, full shifter/throttle control setup)

But little one and two purchase like a bezel here and there, or a gauge here and there you will see slight discount, but not much.

Hardly any vendors stock parts in their Miami Boat Show booths.

Most are just one of a certain/each part just for display. You probably won't be taking anything home with you, unless you have something express shipped to you while you are here in the US; and you hand carry it home.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 01-30-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Registered

no idea what to do. at the moment i am talking to 2 diff. companies for buying complete engines. if i get a good offer i could sell the 454mags and buying something new. but i do not want to spend that much money, because till now i had no chance to go with my boat, so i do not know if it makes sense to change the engines. but new is new and mine are not new.

i think the best way is to go for a nice exhaust this year and see how happy i am with this boat.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by daredevil
Chris,,,,in the classifieds there is an add for 2 HP 500 complette for 14000 USD !!!!

Or i think it was in the forum section BAJA ?! not shure.

Seen it yesterday.

Now thats a good deal even if they need a little work ,,,but i think they are in great shape .

Check it out.

Hp 500's have about 470 + HP and are very well built.
Scott,

Are they carb or EFI?
Old 02-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

nevermind found my answer, they are EFI's(at least the ones in the Baja section. and they are approx 500-520 hp on the efi's Scott, the carbs with the Gill exhaust came out @ 470 hp, thats why a lot of the old F1 guys were changing over to CMI when EFI's came out to get the xtra horsies

Quick Reply: miami boat show

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.