Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   cheap superboat y2k!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/202668-cheap-superboat-y2k.html)

BAJA WILL 02-07-2009 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Superbabi (Post 2794544)
The boat has " no spotted history ". 10K A great deal period,

I would say that is a matter of opinion, and yes we can agree to disagree:drink:

A boat thats been stripped, repoed, some other junk motor dropped in, and thats just what we can confirm. Not exactly a "everything matches build sheet and maint record boat" what would you consider"spotted" if this is not????? missing HIN??

But again we can agree to disagree

If you got a carfax report, and it said a corvette from 2005, had a 4.3L motor, no exhaust, steering missing, repoed, and so on>>> would yo0u not think that was a little spotted???

WILL:ernaehrung004:

MDGperformance 02-07-2009 08:49 AM

If you live on the east coast add another 3-5k for shipping,probably needs cockpit cover 1k,full cover 2k,anyone actually look at boat an seen true condition of gelcoat?10k would be a great buy for someone who has time for project,If it could be had for 10k i would guess 50-60k total investment to make it nice again,of course it could be done cheaper but it usually doesn't end up that way

Superbabi 02-07-2009 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL (Post 2794973)
I would say that is a matter of opinion, and yes we can agree to disagree:drink:

A boat thats been stripped, repoed, some other junk motor dropped in, and thats just what we can confirm. Not exactly a "everything matches build sheet and maint record boat" what would you consider"spotted" if this is not????? missing HIN??

But again we can agree to disagree

If you got a carfax report, and it said a corvette from 2005, had a 4.3L motor, no exhaust, steering missing, repoed, and so on>>> would yo0u not think that was a little spotted???

My point is, a brand new hull 45k, no interior, no guages, etc, at 10k the hull is a great deal, especially for the guy who can do his own work period.:ernaehrung004:

BAJA WILL 02-07-2009 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Superbabi (Post 2795076)
My point is, a brand new hull 45k, no interior, no guages, etc, at 10k the hull is a great deal, especially for the guy who can do his own work period.:ernaehrung004:

From that stand point, I understand your point.:ernaehrung004:

jeff1000man 02-07-2009 11:18 AM

I don't know. I actually have all of these pieces in my shopp to rig it and a trailer to go get it with.

I told the guy I would pay asking price and he told me that there were higher offers in.

I think it is worth the 10K, especially to someone like me.

Superbabi 02-07-2009 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by jeff1000man (Post 2795090)
I don't know. I actually have all of these pieces in my shopp to rig it and a trailer to go get it with.

I told the guy I would pay asking price and he told me that there were higher offers in.

I think it is worth the 10K, especially to someone like me.

Jeff if you have all the gear/motor/drive/etc, any you can put the whole pkg. together turn/key yourself thats great. Your gonna love the ride of the Y2K !!!!

rlj676 02-07-2009 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Superbabi (Post 2795076)

I'm pretty sure you can buy the rigged hull for 45, or less? It's been a while since I was looking at them, but I remember the pricing for a basic Y2K being very reasonable. I don't think the pricing would be too much higher these days.

Overall, if you have the parts and time, it'd be a good deal. If you were to pay someone for new parts/rigging, I think you'd be way better off having a new one done.:drink:

Superbabi 02-07-2009 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by rlj676 (Post 2795127)
I'm pretty sure you can buy the rigged hull for 45, or less? It's been a while since I was looking at them, but I remember the pricing for a basic Y2K being very reasonable. I don't think the pricing would be too much higher these days.

Overall, if you have the parts and time, it'd be a good deal. If you were to pay someone for new parts/rigging, I think you'd be way better off having a new one done.:drink:

Not sure is John is discounting these days, but I believe 43k gets you Y2K hull,cockpit upolstery, deck hardware, and a 98 gallon gas tank. So if the Y2K sells for 10k and you can do it your self a deal, otherwise NEW ALL THE WAY !!!!

jeff1000man 02-07-2009 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Superbabi (Post 2795096)
Jeff if you have all the gear/motor/drive/etc, any you can put the whole pkg. together turn/key yourself thats great. Your gonna love the ride of the Y2K !!!!

Yeah, but the brokers say that I am not the high bidder at 10K.

Oh well. I still have my Magnum.

BAJA WILL 02-07-2009 03:17 PM

I guess from a dealers stand point, I look at what needs to be put in to sell it and come out ahead.

Now if you have most of the parts and the time to do the work yourself??? It very well can be worth your effort.

OK and I don't want to get into a pissing match but, I know of 27 Baja's that can be had in perfect condition right now for 20-23K 502mpi's I know its not a "Superboat" but they are turnkey all original,, with full maint records, just throwing it out there.

I mean hell we say a 1997 35 Fountain w/ 500's go for 35K last month, and what did the 36 Pantera go for with 525efi's 60ish??

I gues my point is their are just other deals out there that seem to be better by the time your actually on the water.

OH YES I AM DRINK AND TODAY, SEAGRAMS IS LOOSING:ernaehrung004: