Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Shipping boat from Puerto Rico (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/202675-shipping-boat-puerto-rico.html)

bigboat28 02-04-2009 12:54 PM

Shipping boat from Puerto Rico

Anybody know how much it would be to ship a boat from Puerto Rico to Miami?

Tbonepmp 02-04-2009 01:13 PM

Length and width..???
Trailer????

northernoffshore 02-04-2009 01:22 PM

you mean the pantera 28 with the gil exhaust that hit each other in the center?

lowblue320 02-04-2009 01:32 PM

a freind of mine shiiped a Pantera a couple years ago and it was right under $2000.00 and easy. Its cheaper to go from there to here because the shipper are comming almost empty (thats what the shipper told us) cant remember the shippers name either.

Bobthebuilder 02-04-2009 05:00 PM

While were at it, any idea on cost to ship 50 Nor Tech Vee from PR to Miami? No trailer, 9 ft beam x 52 ft.. 22,000 lbs.
Thinking of going down to BVI for April and May on the water and ship back from Puerto Rico. Might be too much trouble and may just be easier to run on the water.
Any info would be helpful,:)
Thanks,
Bob

Sean H 02-04-2009 05:09 PM

if it will fit in a container its even cheaper.

bigboat28 02-04-2009 05:28 PM

28' boat 8' beam and yes it does have a trailer, how much? [email protected]

Expat 02-04-2009 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by bigboat28 (Post 2792886)
Anybody know how much it would be to ship a boat from Puerto Rico to Miami?

I shipped a 42' Tiger from Miami to Tortola, BVI about a year and a half ago and it cost about $7k. It was on it's own trailer but they still put it on a flat rack. Puerto Rico to Fla. would be much cheaper but don't know the $$. Tropical Shipping and Crowley Shipping are the two biggest outfits going back and forth. Dockwise yacht shipping does a few trips back and forth from St Thomas, USVI to States also.

David

Perlmudder 02-04-2009 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder (Post 2793030)
While were at it, any idea on cost to ship 50 Nor Tech Vee from PR to Miami? No trailer, 9 ft beam x 52 ft.. 22,000 lbs.
Thinking of going down to BVI for April and May on the water and ship back from Puerto Rico. Might be too much trouble and may just be easier to run on the water.
Thanks,
Bob

that will be a nice trip! some friends from buffalo sailed their 44 beneteau down for the winter this year and said it was a ton of fun!

bcschoe 02-04-2009 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder (Post 2793030)
Thanks,
Bob

Bob,

I rolled my Truck and Trailer/Boat on Trailer Bridge when I left P.R. I got a preferred discount and it was somehwere around $3200.00. You would be better off finding a reasonable yard/shipping trailer and put it on trailer bridge and then transfer to your trailer in Jacksonville.

Call or message me about your trip down and back. I have done that run on small boats with limited range and fuel stops.

Incredible expireince with multiple stops in Bahamas, Turks and Caicos and Dom Rep. I still have all of my route planning and contact list for the run down.

Brad