Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Champlain 2009 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/202712-lake-champlain-2009-a.html)

DrBoat 08-03-2009 09:57 AM

My Cousin Lynda from Boston and I bucked the giamundo rollers on the broad lake Saturday, from NY to Thayers Beach on Doc's SeaDoo while he was racing with G.L. on Onieda Lake. Wet n' Wild ride! Charlie and Nancy our only witnesses at Thayer's Beach. The water temps felt warm and it was SO MUCH FUN! :cheer:
:boat:

Slinky 08-03-2009 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by DrBoat (Post 2923724)
My Cousin Lynda from Boston and I bucked the giamundo rollers on the broad lake Saturday, from NY to Thayers Beach on Doc's SeaDoo while he was racing with G.L. on Onieda Lake. Wet n' Wild ride! Charlie and Nancy our only witnesses at Thayer's Beach. The water temps felt warm and it was SO MUCH FUN! :cheer:
:boat:

one of our friends and her boyfriend went from Rouses Point to the turtle saturday afternoon on a waverunner. Her backs not feeling too good today.

DrBoat 08-03-2009 12:45 PM

It is probably the angle of wave approach. We are not experiencing any body damage. We headed east/west which was perfect for the south wind. Very few hard landings for us, but with big water all around us. But what do you expect when I have learned from Speed Racer - Doc John! He is my supportive mentor! WE had sooooo much fun!!!!! Nothing bad. To Quote G.L., "It's All Good!" :drink:
Carol

Slinky 08-03-2009 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by DrBoat (Post 2923829)
It is probably the angle of wave approach. We are not experiencing any body damage. We headed east/west which was perfect for the south wind. Very few hard landings for us, but with big water all around us. But what do you expect when I have learned from Speed Racer - Doc John! He is my supportive mentor! WE had sooooo much fun!!!!! Nothing bad. To Quote G.L., "It's All Good!" :drink:
Carol

angle of approach is everything!

VtSteve 08-03-2009 01:32 PM

It was a bit painful Saturday, but not as bad as the drenching I took yesterday.

Thayer's is getting a bit weird. I was there Saturday, me and a cast of thousands. What's with all the boneheads cruising at big wakes plow speed right next to boats at anchor? One guy in an old cruiser was at idle in front of me, possible engine turned off. He kept drifting towards my bow as I watched. I tilted my head when one of his passengers pointed to my boat. He seemed a little disturbed that I was even interested in his drifting boat.

He then wandered around the bay a little, and proceeded to wakeboard in circles near all the anchored boats. Not much fun at anchor when drinks are spilling and boats are rocking violently from the wakes. It's getting to the point where there's fewer idiots on the golf course. Now that's a scary thought .

Slinky 08-03-2009 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by VtSteve (Post 2923863)
It was a bit painful Saturday, but not as bad as the drenching I took yesterday.

Thayer's is getting a bit weird. I was there Saturday, me and a cast of thousands. What's with all the boneheads cruising at big wakes plow speed right next to boats at anchor? One guy in an old cruiser was at idle in front of me, possible engine turned off. He kept drifting towards my bow as I watched. I tilted my head when one of his passengers pointed to my boat. He seemed a little disturbed that I was even interested in his drifting boat.

He then wandered around the bay a little, and proceeded to wakeboard in circles near all the anchored boats. Not much fun at anchor when drinks are spilling and boats are rocking violently from the wakes. It's getting to the point where there's fewer idiots on the golf course. Now that's a scary thought .

was the dragon boat race yesterday? how did you do?

i've noticed there are a lot more idiots out on the water period. Some people just dont care about anyone but themselves.

jpmac 08-03-2009 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by DrBoat (Post 2923829)
Carol

Carol.......we'll get more calm days at Treadwell where you can show-off your volleyball skills once again!

VtSteve 08-03-2009 02:40 PM

It was a pretty rough day for long, narrow boats inches off the water. Some filled up with water, I think two or three dumped. Back at the dock, it rained so hard when we came in I thought marbles were falling. They called it off short at around 12:30 or 1. They could no longer risk having some very real problems having 16 plus people per boat, many very inexperienced on water, being thrown into rough water. I think the CG suggested it as well.

The downside is that a lot of money is left on the table, as concessions and sales are way down. Thanks for anyone that contributed to the online link I left for our boat, I got some feedback that our boat did in fact have online dollars in it. Appreciated greatly. I'm putting more bucks in to help alleviate the shortfall from yesterday. I think a summer camp for kids with cancer is a truly great thing. Since I'm not filling the boat up much this summer, I'll donate that.

ck253 08-03-2009 04:30 PM

New boat coming to lake champlain! will post pics when the admin. enables me. LOL

jeff32 08-03-2009 07:44 PM

I'm in Burton tonight! but in a 1990 doral prestancia I took on trade a dolphinn 35 motorhome... not a fast boat... but nice cabin for the family! wave me if you see me! Saw a 32 sunsation '' wild card'' from chazy ny at deep bay today... who knows who it was?