Fountain WorldWide Brings P1 to Recreational Market >

Fountain WorldWide Brings P1 to Recreational Market

Notices

Fountain WorldWide Brings P1 to Recreational Market

Old 02-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remember Arneson Surface Drives stick out far from the back of the boat.

The second swim platform is a way to get on and off the boat from the back.

It may also have been exactly what the customer wanted.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
I am really looking forward to seeing the #'s on that toy. I am scared to even guess.
Think you misunderstood, I mean Performance #'s. That boat is going to haul AZZ
Old 02-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is what I'm talking about! I would like to see more manufacturers head towards Arnesons and away from some of the Mercury products. That is one sweet ride. Coolest thing I've seen from Fountain in years.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a fountain race boat also. Anybody knows what race boat?? A new race or is it the Cat Killer??

Thanks
Old 02-11-2009, 10:44 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ziggy
There is a fountain race boat also. Anybody knows what race boat?? A new race or is it the Cat Killer??

Thanks
The announcement, if you read it, says its the actual fountain world wide race boat is also there in Hall "D"

Last edited by tblrklakemo; 02-11-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Ilmors and Arnesons are gonna be considerably lighter than 700 SCI's with #6's hanging off the back. "If" that boat has the typical Fountain cabin it seems like it would throw the CG off quite a bit. Maybe they only put a Cover Girl cabin in them for that reason?

I also wonder who is doing the rigging on those boats because when I called the factory about installing the Ilmors in my Fountain they said their contract with Brunswick would prevent them from installing Ilmors - but that's been a while ago. Interesting.

If the boat has just a a cover girl cabin or no finished cabin at all I'm guessing it does 115 +. Sweet. And the bolt on swim platform is a great idea. Not being able to swim off the back of your boat has been one of the main complaints about having surface drives. The bolt on platform would make it a moot point.

Sweet looking boat.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
The announcement, if you read it, says its the actual fountain world wide race boat.
I read it as being a recreational version of the race boat, not the actual race boat.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:18 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by stainless
I read it as being a recreational version of the race boat, not the actual race boat.

FOUNTAIN WORLDWIDE DEBUTS POWERBOAT P1 SPECIAL EDITION AT MIAMI BOAT SHOW

Boaters who want the look, feel and performance of a world champion need look no further than the Miami International Boat Show, February 12-16, where Fountain Worldwide – international distributor of Fountain Powerboats – will introduce the “Powerboat P1 World Championship Special Edition.” The boat commemorates British racers Fountain Worldwide President, Craig Wilson’s and James Sheppard’s, back-to-back World Championship titles, captured in the 2007-2008 international offshore boat racing series.

The open-cockpit, Fountain 42 Lightning is a recreational version of the boat which took the Powerboat P1 Evolution Class crown in 2007 and 2008, featuring similar engines, drives and the distinctive Powerboat P1 blue, orange and white color scheme.

“Powerboat enthusiasts purchase Fountain boats for the reputation the company has earned racing in the States for decades,” Wilson said, “The Powerboat P1 Special Edition will now give them the opportunity to experience a hull and propulsion package that has dominated international boat racing for the past two years. We wanted to honor that unprecedented accomplishment in a very special way.”

According to Fountain Powerboats, the 42 Lightning has won more National and World Championships than any other V-hull on the market, and holds the current V-hull World Speed Record of 177.883 miles per hour. The Powerboat P1 Special Edition is equipped with twin ILMOR High Performance Marine 7-10 engines-- 800-pound, 8.3 litre, V-10 aluminum engines that churn 700 horsepower each --with Arneson Surface Drives and SCS Crash Box transmissions.

“As a concession to the American market, the package includes higher-horsepower ILMOR engines than those in our race boat” said Wilson, “Performance boaters in the States seem to thrive on the biggest and the best, so we provided what the market demands--we are a very customer-focused company,” he added.

The Powerboat P1 Special Edition will be on display at Fountain Powerboats’ booth #C-57, in the Miami Beach Convention Center, during the Miami International Boat Show; the actual closed-canopy, Evolution Class “Fountain Worldwide/1st4Boats.com” race boat will also be on display outside the Hall “D” entrance to the Convention Center.

The Powerboat P1 World Championship is the fastest growing offshore boat racing series in the world, with international events ranging from the 2009 Grand Prix of the Sea series premiere on the island nation of Malta in May and concluding in late fall in Bahrain in the Middle East.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
FOUNTAIN WORLDWIDE DEBUTS POWERBOAT P1 SPECIAL EDITION AT MIAMI BOAT SHOW

Boaters who want the look, feel and performance of a world champion need look no further than the Miami International Boat Show, February 12-16, where Fountain Worldwide – international distributor of Fountain Powerboats – will introduce the “Powerboat P1 World Championship Special Edition.” The boat commemorates British racers Fountain Worldwide President, Craig Wilson’s and James Sheppard’s, back-to-back World Championship titles, captured in the 2007-2008 international offshore boat racing series.

The open-cockpit, Fountain 42 Lightning is a recreational version of the boat which took the Powerboat P1 Evolution Class crown in 2007 and 2008, featuring similar engines, drives and the distinctive Powerboat P1 blue, orange and white color scheme.

“Powerboat enthusiasts purchase Fountain boats for the reputation the company has earned racing in the States for decades,” Wilson said, “The Powerboat P1 Special Edition will now give them the opportunity to experience a hull and propulsion package that has dominated international boat racing for the past two years. We wanted to honor that unprecedented accomplishment in a very special way.”

According to Fountain Powerboats, the 42 Lightning has won more National and World Championships than any other V-hull on the market, and holds the current V-hull World Speed Record of 177.883 miles per hour. The Powerboat P1 Special Edition is equipped with twin ILMOR High Performance Marine 7-10 engines-- 800-pound, 8.3 litre, V-10 aluminum engines that churn 700 horsepower each --with Arneson Surface Drives and SCS Crash Box transmissions.

“As a concession to the American market, the package includes higher-horsepower ILMOR engines than those in our race boat” said Wilson, “Performance boaters in the States seem to thrive on the biggest and the best, so we provided what the market demands--we are a very customer-focused company,” he added.

The Powerboat P1 Special Edition will be on display at Fountain Powerboats’ booth #C-57, in the Miami Beach Convention Center, during the Miami International Boat Show; the actual closed-canopy, Evolution Class “Fountain Worldwide/1st4Boats.com” race boat will also be on display outside the Hall “D” entrance to the Convention Center.

The Powerboat P1 World Championship is the fastest growing offshore boat racing series in the world, with international events ranging from the 2009 Grand Prix of the Sea series premiere on the island nation of Malta in May and concluding in late fall in Bahrain in the Middle East.
was referring to the open cockpit version read your post wrong ... sorry
Old 02-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Registered

Looks wicked

Quick Reply: Fountain WorldWide Brings P1 to Recreational Market

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.