Notices

Shadow Cat 30

Old 02-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shadow Cat 30

Somebody have information about this boats . Run whith twin or triple mercurys y remenber the BOURDWALK i think Niki Cutro is the driver.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:33 AM
Registered

niki raced that shadow cat in the late 80sand early 90s. i think it was later called pensoil
Old 02-11-2009, 08:43 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jose Rosario
Somebody have information about this boats . Run whith twin or triple mercurys y remenber the BOURDWALK i think Niki Cutro is the driver.
Nicky Cutro originally bought the boat from my dad who raced it under the name Black Duck. My dad raced it in the early 80's and Nicky took over in '85 and raced it into the 90's until he stuffed it in the worlds. Here is a pic of the boat under the Black Duck name
Attached Thumbnails Shadow Cat 30-blackduckphoto.jpg  
Old 02-11-2009, 08:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by harley572
niki raced that shadow cat in the late 80sand early 90s. i think it was later called pensoil
Nicky originally ran it under the name Boardwalk which was the name of his restaurant on Lake George NY. He later picked up a sponsorship from Pennzoil and ran it under that name at which point the boat was painted all yellow. I'll see if I can find a pic.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Penzzoil Boat
Attached Thumbnails Shadow Cat 30-pp703.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by Big Time; 02-11-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:23 AM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Cool

Ask T2X. He knows it all when it comes to Shadow and he should being he was the man behind it.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:10 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Time
Before and after pics as Penzzoil
If I see that picture one more time I am going to throw up.

That deck was not original in either shape or construction. It was put on AFTER the boat had a massive fire in a race in Michigan and the original deck ......burned off. After that kind of an inferno, the boat NEVER should have been run again IMHO.......... But somehow the boat gets dragged up as damaged due to a "stuff" at Key WEst. Truth is it should have been in a scrap yard a few years before that incident.

In Black Duck's original form and construction that wave in Key West would have created no damage at all.

T2x
Old 02-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by T2x
If I see that picture one more time I am going to throw up.

That deck was not original in either shape or construction. It was put on AFTER the boat had a massive fire in a race in Michigan and the original deck ......burned off. After that kind of an inferno, the boat NEVER should have been run again IMHO.......... But somehow the boat gets dragged up as damaged due to a "stuff" at Key WEst. Truth is it should have been in a scrap yard a few years before that incident.

In Black Duck's original form and construction that wave in Key West would have created no damage at all.

T2x
Oh boy, hope I didn't touch a sore spot with you Rich But that is true, boat did catch on fire and I even remember seeing newspaper clipping of it on fire when I was a kid. There are very noticable differences in the boat if you look at the topside in the Pennzoil pic from the original BD days, but I could only find that one of it. I actually didn't know the reason for the changes, but now I know.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:44 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Time
Oh boy, hope I didn't touch a sore spot with you Rich But that is true, boat did catch on fire and I even remember seeing newspaper clipping of it on fire when I was a kid. There are very noticable differences in the boat if you look at the topside in the Pennzoil pic from the original BD days, but I could only find that one of it. I actually didn't know the reason for the changes, but now I know.
No problem..... I just feel the need to set the record straight every time I see that picture...and I see it often.

T2x
Old 09-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Registered

Joseito, Tu siempre preguntando por hombres, saludos Yoyo

Quick Reply: Shadow Cat 30

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.